Shining Star Waldorf School
A private Waldorf School offers full and part time enrollment for children 3-14.
We offer all the arts and music of Waldorf education, healthy education without technology, creative classic academic education, handwork, choir, instruments, gardening, German, Russian, and more.
Parents and teachers work together to provide rich festival and seasonal rhythm, Fridays outdoors all day in the wilds of the metro area.
Shining Star Waldorf School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(No logos please)
(No logos please)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
N is $3000, K is $4400, Gr 1-8 $6k including Friday Outdoor Nature Progam
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Preschool and K are ages 3-turning 6 years old, play and social based curriculum, stories, crafts, singing, games, imaginative play, seasonal arts and cooking
- Grades 1-8, Gentle imaginative introduction to academics, playful and body-movement oriented, students create their own text books with their own art and writing, heavy emphasis on social responsibility, self management, critical thinking, history and story lessons, play, as the grades increase, academic lessons increase into very complex and advanced subjects by middle school, advanced math and writing but with art embedded into each block. Science, history, culture, philosphy, problem solving, and more included in a rich educational program that moves seamlessly between academics and imagination. Students study in blocks of 3-4 weeks, intensely each day for 2 hours, then change subjects, middle of day and afternoon are filled with subject teachers and special lessons in music, choir, instruments, foreign language, ceramics, handwork like knitting, crocheting, stitching, sewing, doll making, games and sports, eurhythmy, cooking, gardening, crafting, and much more. Students model, draw, paint, sculpt, and use a wide vareity of mediums to convery ideas, thoughts, and concepts. Each year several major plays are produced with student help in writing, song creation, and acting. Our seasonal focus includes Dragonfest in September, Starry Night Lantern Walk in November, Winter Spiral of Lights, Feburary Festival of the Bees, and Merry May Day.
Endorse Shining Star Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.