Holy Cross Catholic School
- Holy Cross is a Catholic School that weaves a combination of excellent academic learning with a warm family environment that promotes forgiveness, community, faith and friendship.
- Our school serves the diverse North Portland Catholic Community, providing Catholic education for children in grades kindergarten through eight.
- The school nurtures, affirms, and challenges the students in their pursuit of learning and the responsibilities of faith and citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, Choir, Speech Team, Student Council Band, Chess Club, Choir, Speech Team, Student Council,
- Holy Cross is a community of diverse family backgrounds and welcomes students of all races, religions, and cultures. Established in 1912 by the Sisters of Saint Mary of Oregon (SSMO), religion is taught daily and incorporated into all curriculum areas. The spirit of faith is modeled among the faculty and is part of all school actvities, including private and communal prayer experiences and weekly student liturgies. Holy Cross Catholic School is accredited by the WCEA, the WASC, and the State of Oregon. The entire faculty is state-certified, and over 80 percent hold master degrees. Many grades also have student teachers from the University of Portland.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 302 students
127 N Rosa Parks Way
Portland, OR 97217
PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 110 students
5520 NE Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97218
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017