Holy Cross is a Catholic School that weaves a combination of excellent academic learning with a warm family environment that promotes forgiveness, community, faith and friendship.
Our school serves the diverse North Portland Catholic Community, providing Catholic education for children in grades kindergarten through eight.
The school nurtures, affirms, and challenges the students in their pursuit of learning and the responsibilities of faith and citizenship.
- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 223 students
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Band, Chess Club, Choir, Speech Team, Student Council
- Holy Cross is a community of diverse family backgrounds and welcomes students of all races, religions, and cultures. Established in 1912 by the Sisters of Saint Mary of Oregon (SSMO), religion is taught daily and incorporated into all curriculum areas. The spirit of faith is modeled among the faculty and is part of all school actvities, including private and communal prayer experiences and weekly student liturgies. Holy Cross Catholic School is accredited by the WCEA, the WASC, and the State of Oregon. The entire faculty is state-certified, and over 80 percent hold master degrees. Many grades also have student teachers from the University of Portland.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Holy Cross Catholic School offer?
Holy Cross Catholic School offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Football and Volleyball.
What is Holy Cross Catholic School's ranking?
Holy Cross Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Holy Cross Catholic School?
The application deadline for Holy Cross Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My son started at Holy Cross as a pre-K'er and is currently in Kindergarten. He has absolutely blossomed at the school. They encourage his sense of wonder and curiosity and he is gaining a fantastic academic foundation. We feel so lucky to be a part of the HC community and I'm so proud of the values my child is developing and thankful for the incredible partnership I have with the school in educating my child.
Endorse Holy Cross Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.