Shining Star Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Shining Star Waldorf School Photo #3 - Every year each class produces an amazing play for the whole school....we love the acting arts!
- We offer traditional Waldorf arts, music, and handwork with a talented and diverse group of dedicated teachers of the highest caliber who care deeply about their work and the children.
- A typical school day includes main lesson, flutes, movement, handwork, games, outdoor play, with every subject incorporating a rich and nurturing artistic approach.
- We have German, Strings Beginning & Advanced, Choir, Games, Circus Class, Eurythmy, Handwork, Gardening, Cooking, field trips and much more.
- Every lesson is based on artistic living activity, this is a very hands-on curriculum.
- The Pre-K and Kindergarten are developmental, focusing on social activities and artistic activities, encouraging play and using the imagination.
Shining Star Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No logos, no commerical)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer Scholarship Assistance, M to Th program, no Fridays, Thur. is outdoors all day year round for K to gr 7.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marsha Johnson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Friday Morning Play Group for Families $50 per month|
Club or Organization:
Tuesday Theater Comedy Club
- Small Healthy Waldorf Community
- Intentionally Small Class Sizes
- Community based co-op Model
- Located right in NE Portland!
- Nurturing, Caring, Gifted Teachers
- Seasonal Festivals, Celebrations
- Organic, focus on Bio Dynamic Farming
- Outdoor Play Every Day!
- Colorful Fine Arts In Every Lesson
- Art, Music, Movement, Poetry
- A 'Spiritual' Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 54 students
8660 Se Foster Rd
Portland, OR 97266
(503)788-3935 9.4 Inquire with school
- Damascus Grades: PK-8 | 29 students
16077 SE HWY 224
Damascus, OR 97089
(503)558-8514 16 PK-8
My child started in 5th grade in the fall and has had a great experience there. We feel really lucky that there is a place like this that complements homeschooling so well, so that a kid can get the social piece with arts, foreign languages, etc in addition to the work we do at home (our kid does a lot of gifted online classes so it's a great balance to that kind of work). The overall feel of the school is that of an inclusive and warm community.
- Posted by Parent - mccla
We offer a German language partial immersion Kindergarten at our K site at NE 37th and Skidmore, just across from Bethany Lutheran Church. M-F, 9 am to 1 pm, Fall 2014. Please contact the school about this sweet class for ages 3 to 5. 503 753 4459
- Posted by Teacher - orego
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.