Shoals Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- MISSION STATEMENT We will assist families by providing a Christ-centered, biblically based education emphasizing excellence in character, academics, and service to Christ and others.
- "All of your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13
- VISION STATEMENT Shoals Christian School (SCS) is a school whose constituents are increasingly committed to lives of holiness and prayer.
- The school's leadership is committed to make decisions consistent with its mission statement and the principles of God's Word.
- SCS follows biblical principles of stewardship and is dedicated to future growth and financial stability.
- Students of SCS are growing in the knowledge of the Lord, are challenged to reach their full academic potential, and are impacting their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||on case-by-case basis, dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Human Geography, AP Language, AP Literature|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Details are in the Student/Parent Handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,255|
|Tuition Notes||This is the 2016-2017 tuition for 6th - 8th grades. Please contact our Admissions Director for complete tuition schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,336|
|Admissions Director||Didi Vardaman|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Key Club, Middle School Student Government Assocation, Student Government Association|
Club or Organization:
Jr. High Scholars Bowl, Math Olympics, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Red Cross Club, Robotics Team, Science Fair, SCS Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Art Shows, Drama
- CORE VALUES
- 1. Christ-likeness (Colossians 1:18)
- 2. Gods Word As Absolute Truth (Psalm 119:160, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- 3. Christian family (Psalm 127:3-5, Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
- 4. Stewardship (Luke 12:48)
- 5. Student Potential (Colossians 1:28)
I've have four children who have attended this school with one child still attending. I can't say enough wonderful things about this school and the faculty. Like all schools they are not perfect, but they always tackle the issues with love and compassion. The atmosphere is that of a big family. The teachers and staff have an open door policy where open communication is encouraged to make the school a better place. The staff and school will always hold a special place in our hearts.
- Posted by Parent - Christy Jones
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.