Shyne School (the)
Shyne School (the) Photo #6 - We start with children who are 1 year old by August 31st in our Waddler, Dewdrop Class
- Hello, I'm Katrina Brooke, Director of The Shyne School where we have been providing educational, play focused programs for young children since 1983.
- At the Shyne School we believe you have to plan your curriculum around the whole child and that all areas of development (social / emotional, cognitive, creative and physical) hold equal importance.
- Children love all the hands on activities we provide while parents appreciate the flexibility we offer with three daily schedules and part or full week options for families.
- I am very proud of my wonderful, dedicated teachers who are the heart of our school. We have very low turn over.
- They work together as a team so the children know all the teachers, not just their own.
- The teachers do a great job of observing the children and providing activities they show an interest in and extending their play. We also assess their individual learning and share the assessments with parents at conferences.
- The staff also provides documentation, and a lot of parent communication, so parents understand what is happening and what they are learning so they will be prepared for Kindergarten when they leave The Shyne School.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||For children that can integrate into our class ratios|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,509|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer only we accept children 3 years to 7 years, rate posted is for summer 2020 5 full days, monthly rate.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress for fun, messy play!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,789|
|Tuition Notes||Cost is for 5 full days for Waddler, 1 year by August 31st. Call or email to schedule a tour and inquire about tuition rates that best fit your families needs. Tuition depends on the schedule you select. We have morning only, half day Plus or Full day for 1 to 5 year old. Registration Fee $50, Academic Fee $50, Emergency Kit $15|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katrina Brooke|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Music Class, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Low ratio in toddler classes.
- Educated teachers dedicated to Early Learning.
- Low turn over of caring, professional staff who serve as a resource and offer support to children and families through daily communication and parent conferences. - Homey classrooms in a picturesque wooded setting. - Toddler and Preschool programs for the whole child. - Understanding that children learn through play and investigation. - Finding out what the child is interested in, observing what they know, and helping them expand on that knowledge. - Providing safe and secure learning environments were children learn and grow into capable individuals. - Hosting enrichment classes on site. - Offering families year round learning programs. - Providing School-age transportation to local elementary schools K-6. - Having learning programs for children 12 months to 5 years of age and child care for 5 to 8 year olds. - Providing flexibility for family schedules and individual children. - Having annual family events and community projects throughout the year.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodinville Grades: PK-6 | 203 students
18250 168th Place Ne
Woodinville, WA 98072
(425)485-1824 2.9 PK-6
- Woodinville Grades: PK-6 | 271 students
18250 168th Pl Ne
Woodinville, WA 98072
(425)454-4028 3 PK-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.