Sidewalk's End Montessori School
Sidewalk's End Montessori School Photo #2 - This numeral & counters work reinforces the ability to count to 10 and to sequence numerals 1-10. This advanced presentation also introduces the concept of odd and even numbers. The work indirectly develops order, concentration, coordination and independence in the child.
Sidewalk's End Montessori School Photo #3 - The classic Montessori work called the moveable alphabet helps the child in his or her exploration and analysis of a known language. It allows the child to reproduce words with symbols (i.e. letters). It also gives the child a new way to communicate (the written word). This prepares the child for both writing and reading.
- Sidewalk's End Montessori is a teacher-owned & operated school conveniently located near Woodmen and Union.
- We offer preschool and kindergarten for children ages 3 - 6.
- The co-owner/director is AMS Certified in Montessori Early Childhood and holds a Colorado teaching license with endorsements in Early Childhood and Elementary Education.
- The school has a full complement of Montessori materials and the staff is dedicated to the philosophy and methodology of Montessori Education.
- We have a variety of schedules available including before and after school care & wrap around Kindergarten.
- Our goal is to be the best authentic Montessori in El Paso County.
- All of our staff are Montessori trained See our website & Facebook for photos and reviews
Sidewalk's End Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$300|
|Tuition Notes||3 half days is $300/mo; 4 half days is $395/month,; 5 half-days is $480/month; 3 full days is $610/month; 4 full days is $710/month; 5 full-days is $810/month|
|Admissions Director||Grace Blea-Nunez|
- Sidewalk's End Montessori creates a favorable environment that encourages the flowering of a child's natural gifts, allowing your child to observe and absorb the world around her. We provide the materials and the guidance that Maria Montessori detailed in her many writings and allow the child to do the rest. This atmosphere provides for freedom the child needs to make the choices best suited for his development at any given time. The space and materials provide children the opportunity to interact with the environment in a positive way, promoting independence. More importantly, we want you to feel safe and secure in leaving your child in an environment that provides for all the academic, social and emotional opportunities your child deserves. Sidewalk's End meets all your child's needs and inspires an "I can do it" attitude that will ensure your child's future success in all aspects of life. Montessori is an individualized, child-centered approach to education. At Sidewalk's End Montessori your child will:
- Develop a positive attitude towards school
- Develop self-confidence
- Form habits of initiative and perseverance
- Cultivate an enduring curiosity
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bozeman Grades: PK-K | 59 students
100 Springhill Lane
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406)587-0132 569 PK-K
- Bozeman Grades: NS | 34 students
111 Highland Blvd
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406)585-0171 564.7 NS
- Bozeman Grades: PK-K | 55 students
4310 Sourdough Rd
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406)582-1548 562.4 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.