South Bay Junior Academy
- South Bay Junior Academy exists to introduce its students to a lifelong friendship with the Lord Jesus Christ in a loving, friendly, and safe environment.
- Students will receive academic, physical, social, and spiritual instruction aimed at promoting positive self-esteem and productive citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs are varied depending on the grade of student.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Vlach|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Students in Grades 6-8 participate in the 1-to-1 Apple Laptop Program that was implemented in the 2007-2008 school year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Grades: PK-8 | 504 students
2900 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)320-9920 1.7 PK-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 246 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
(310)328-5387 2.3 K-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 279 students
4625 Garnet Street
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)371-0416 0.4 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.