South Bay Junior Academy
South Bay Junior Academy exists to introduce its students to a lifelong friendship with the Lord Jesus Christ in a loving, friendly, and safe environment.
Students will receive academic, physical, social, and spiritual instruction aimed at promoting positive self-esteem and productive citizenship.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 169 students
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition costs are varied depending on the grade of student.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
- Students in Grades 6-8 participate in the 1-to-1 Apple Laptop Program that was implemented in the 2007-2008 school year.
Endorse South Bay Junior Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.