South Bay Junior Academy
- South Bay Junior Academy exists to introduce its students to a lifelong friendship with the Lord Jesus Christ in a loving, friendly, and safe environment.
- Students will receive academic, physical, social, and spiritual instruction aimed at promoting positive self-esteem and productive citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs are varied depending on the grade of student.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Vlach|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Students in Grades 6-8 participate in the 1-to-1 Apple Laptop Program that was implemented in the 2007-2008 school year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Grades: PK-8 | 504 students
2900 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 320-9920 1.7 PK-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 312 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
(310) 328-5387 2.3 K-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 279 students
4625 Garnet Street
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 371-0416 0.4 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?