Southwest Chicago Christian School-tinley Park
- Southwest Chicago Christian School Association (SCCS) has been providing Christ-centered education on the Southwest side of Chicagoland for over 115 years.
- The mission of SCCS is to provide a high quality education program in the Reformed tradition emphasizing the lordship of Jesus Christ over all of life, preparing students spiritually, socially, academically, and physically to serve society effectively and glorifying God by honoring Him in all aspects of life.
- The vision is to be a Christ-centered learning community intent on restoring God's world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Limited Assistance for Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress Code Policy; modest attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jun. 29|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Admissions for tuition information|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Wilma Persenaire|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Waterlander|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care, Art Festivals, Intramurals, Plays/Musicals, Yearbook|
- The SCCS private school system serves about 800 students among three campuses in the communities of Oak Lawn (Preschool - 8), Tinley Park (K-8) and Palos Heights (9-12). Each school offers a broad educational program including core curricular subjects as well as Bible, art, music, computer science, physical education, and many co-curricular activities. The school is a certified Project Lead The Way school, offering STEM (Science, Technology, Engineerying, Math) courses at the middle school and high school levels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DyerGrades: PK-10 | 223 students
735 213th St
Dyer, IN 46311
- Tinley ParkGrades: PK-7 | 155 students
9001 159th St
Tinley Park, IL 60487
- FrankfortGrades: PK-12 | 67 students
21739 S Lagrange Rd
Frankfort, IL 60423
- Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
- HillsideGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
2329 S Wolf Road
Hillside, IL 60162
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.