St. Andrew's-Sewanee School
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School Photo #2 - SAS offers an award-winning arts program that includes theatre, music, clay, 2-D and 3-D art, architecture, design, film making, and photography.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School Photo #3 - Outstanding classmates with ambitious long range goals will challenge you to do your best in the classroom and will share your joy when you succeed. Personalized college counseling helps you to get to the next step on the road to success.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School Photo #4 - The school's 550-acre wooded mountaintop campus provides the classroom for the school's Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, mountain biking, and climbing programs.
- St. Andrew`s-Sewanee School is a private, co-educational, Episcopal, boarding and day college preparatory school serving 250 students in grades 6-12. We CHALLENGE our students to fulfill their greatest potential while helping them to cultivate lives of BALANCE and JOY.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School places among the top 20% of private schools in Tennessee for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||32 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Chemistry, Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Calculus, Qualified students take courses for credit at the University of the South|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
|Tuition Notes||Figure above is for Upper School Day Students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,435|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Derek Perkins|
|Admissions Associate||Anna Perkins|
|Endowment Size||$20 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||37 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Archery Club, Art Club, Barbell Club, Boy Scouts, Christian Athletes, Cum Laude Society, Dungeons and Dragons Club, ECO-SAS, Ethics Bowl, Fashion Club, Gender & Sexualities Awareness Club, Global and Local Outreach, Great Discussions, History Club, Honor Council, House Leadership, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Proctors, Radio Station, Random Acts of Kindness, Robotics, SAS Ambassadors, Student Vestry, Write Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Landscape Painting, Music, Theatre, Videography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Athletic Training, Climbing, Mind*Body*Exercise, Outdoor Adventure, Strength & Conditioning
- Explore a beautifully wooded and historic 550-acre campus high atop the Cumberland Plateau.
- Cultivate all your interests with opportunities for active participation in sports, music, literature, science, worship, and an award-winning arts program.
- Participate in Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, the mountain biking team, or the climbing club to take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the region.
- Nurture your competitive spirit through friendly "house cup" competitions.
- Explore your interests through afternoon programs, clubs, and Winterim.
- Capitalize on access to the facilities of the nearby University of the South, including the option to take college courses for free and for credit.
- Enjoy a close-knit, caring and accepting community.
- Get to know classmates from across the country and around the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jasper Grades: K-8 | 26 students
787 Hwy 150
Jasper, TN 37347
(423)942-1819 16.4 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.