St Bartholomew School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (732) 238-6698
- At Saint Bartholomew School, our excellence in education isprovided through a combination of factors.
- Our students areprepared to face the challenges of the future through programs andtechniques which enable and encourage active learning whileattending to individual attention.
- Our school curriculum is basedon a combination of Diocese of Metuchen and New Jersey Stateguidelines.
- As we seek each year to review and renew curriculumareas, we constantly strive to meet the standards of our state andDiocese, as this is in the best interest of our youth.
- The trueevaluation of our work and mission is exemplified in the success ofour graduates.
- Students and high schools have reported back toSaint Bartholomew's with positive evaluations of the preparednessof our children.
- Our teachers are dedicated to sharing learningexperiences which invigorate the mind, while assuring the school'slifelong dedication to the importance of basic skills, reading andwriting.
- Students are active in lab experiences, group activitiesand "hands-on" learning at all grade levels.
- In addition, our fulltime teachers in the areas of Physical Education, Music, Art,Computers and Spanish assist Saint Bartholomew's in meeting theneeds of the whole child; mind, body and, most importantly to ourCatholic School, spirit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||399 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metuchen Grades: PK-8 | 452 students
528 Main St
Metuchen, NJ 08840
(732) 548-3107 8.4 PK-8
Saint Bartholomew School is a warm and friendly school that welcomes all people. From the academics to the varieties of extracurricular activities, the school is an active and amazing place to learn and grow. I love the teachers and staff who always live out the mission of Saint Bartholomew School "To love, educate, and inspire our children to live out the teachings of Jesus Christ". I'm grateful to be a student here at Saint Bartholomew School. The modern classes and upgraded gymnasium give us a reason to want to learn and engage in class. We use many programs such as Google Classrom and other learning programs. I highly suggest sending your child to St. Bart's.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Miss YMG
A wonderful school. My daughter's teachers inspire her love of learning. The extracurricular activities really enhance the educational experience.
- Posted by Parent - mrskr
In September 2014, I switched my children (7th & 8th) from public school to St Bartholomew School in East Brunswick, NJ. I could not be more pleased, and my only regrets are that I should have done it sooner. I feel more confident that they are better prepared to face the challenges of high school. The teachers are friendly and kind and in a short period of time, they really have come to know my children strength and weakness and willing to help them. I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - glori
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.