Calvary Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (732) 479-0700
- Calvary Christian School is an accredited Pre-K - 12 educational institution of Calvary Chapel Old Bridge. Our vision is Education by Discipleship.
- CCS utilizes cutting edge curriculum and technology that teaches the fundamentals of each subject in a consistent, comprehensive, and cohesive manner.
- In addition to academic excellence, we weave the development of a strong biblical worldview throughout our educational process.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP U.S. History, Honors Algebra II/Trigonometry, Honors American Government/Economics, Honors American Literature, Honors Anatomy & Physiology, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 1, Honors English 2, Honors English 3, Honors English 4, Honors Geometry, Honors Italian 1, Honors Italian 2, Honors Physical Science, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus (dual enrollment through Middlesex Community College), Honors Spanish 1, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Spanish 3, Honors Spanish 4, Honors U.S. History 1, Honors U.S. History 2, Honors World Literature, Honors Worldview Studies (dual enrollment through Bryan College)|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/Skirt/Shorts and Logo Polo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,250|
|Tuition Notes||This represents elementary (K-5) tuition. The tuition increases incrementally for grades middle school (6-8) and again for high school (9-12).|
|Admissions Director||Mary Kate Yang|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ASL Club, Boys Leadership Club, Drama Club, Encouragement Club, Fiber Arts, Mural Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Worship Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Education by Discipleship is the vision of Calvary Christian School (CCS). Our goal is to provide a high standard of instruction that is committed to enabling students to reach their full potential spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. As an accredited Pre-K through 12 educational institution of CCOB, our philosophy of education is consistent with and patterned after the biblically based model of ministry that CCOB`s principles and practices reflect. The following statements identify specific biblical values and guidelines that have shaped our thinking concerning Christian education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Old Bridge Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
81 Throckmorton Ln
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
(732) 679-4700 0.7 PK-8
- Sayreville Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
221 Macarthur Ave
Sayreville, NJ 08872
(732) 254-5819 4.8 PK-8
Like the other review this was our first year at Calvary and I can not thank them enough for welcoming my son and mentoring him. I am grateful that they have male role models in leadership and teachers. They put Christ before academics which encouraged my son as a freshman to transform. Anyone looking for a Christian education, caring teachers, and students with loving families, you should try Calvary. My son said he was impressed that the teachers were more concerned with him actually learning than doing the work and getting good grades. As an educator myself I am a huge fan of CCS!
- Posted by Parent - S. Howell
I can't say enough good things about this school. My son came in as a transfer, mid-year, and the staff and students did everything possible to ensure a smooth transfer, including making him feel welcomed and accepted. Since transferring, my son is receiving a great education, lots of personal attention due to the small class sizes, and most importantly, is able to learn in a Christ-centered environment with each of the teachers and staff not only doing their job as educators, but also as mentors. This school is a hidden gem for anyone looking for a loving and Christian environment for their child. I am so thankful that we found this school.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer R.
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.