Calvary Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Calvary Christian School is an accredited Pre-K - 12 educational institution of Calvary Chapel Old Bridge.
- CCS utilizes cutting edge curriculum and technology that teaches the fundamentals of each subject in a consistent, comprehensive, and cohesive manner.
- In addition to academic excellence, we weave the development of a strong biblical worldview throughout our educational process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP U.S. History, Honors Algebra II/Trigonometry, Honors American Government/Economics, Honors American Literature, Honors Anatomy & Physiology, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 1, Honors English 2, Honors English 3, Honors English 4, Honors Geometry, Honors Italian 1, Honors Italian 2, Honors Physical Science, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus (dual enrollment through Middlesex Community College), Honors Spanish 1, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Spanish 3, Honors Spanish 4, Honors U.S. History 1, Honors U.S. History 2, Honors World Literature, Honors Worldview Studies (dual enrollment through Bryan College),|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/Skirt/Shorts and Logo Golf Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,635|
|Tuition Notes||This represents elementary (K-5) tuition. The tuition increases incrementally for grades middle school (6-8) and again for high school (9-12).|
|Admissions Associate||Rachael Gonzalez|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Apologetics Club, Fundraising and Events Planning Club, Journalism Club, Robotics, STEM Club, Student Council, Thinker's Guild, Video Game Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art and Design Club, Art and Media Appreciation Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The vision of Calvary Christian School is Education by Discipleship. We believe in the education of the whole student, thus seek to minister to them spiritually, academically, and socially. CCS is committed to helping parents disciple their children in the ways of the Lord. We believe that every student is created "in the image of God" (Gen. 1:27) and that when a child receives Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, they become a part of the family of God. Our desire is to help them develop and grow in the purposes and plans that God has for their lives.
Profile last updated: 04/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PiscatawayGrades: PK-12 | 489 students
2008 Ethel Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854
- SayrevilleGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
221 Macarthur Ave
Sayreville, NJ 08872
- Highland ParkGrades: 2-12 | 112 students
319 N 3rd Ave
Highland Park, NJ 08904
- Lawrence TownshipGrades: 9-12 | 1105 students
601 Lawrence Rd
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
- Old BridgeGrades: NS-K | 125 students
3139 County Road 516
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
Like the other review this was our first year at Calvary and I can not thank them enough for welcoming my son and mentoring him. I am grateful that they have male role models in leadership and teachers. They put Christ before academics which encouraged my son as a freshman to transform. Anyone looking for a Christian education, caring teachers, and students with loving families, you should try Calvary. My son said he was impressed that the teachers were more concerned with him actually learning than doing the work and getting good grades. As an educator myself I am a huge fan of CCS!
- Posted by Parent - S. Howell
I can't say enough good things about this school. My son came in as a transfer, mid-year, and the staff and students did everything possible to ensure a smooth transfer, including making him feel welcomed and accepted. Since transferring, my son is receiving a great education, lots of personal attention due to the small class sizes, and most importantly, is able to learn in a Christ-centered environment with each of the teachers and staff not only doing their job as educators, but also as mentors. This school is a hidden gem for anyone looking for a loving and Christian environment for their child. I am so thankful that we found this school.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer R.
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.