St. Bernadette Catholic School
- Steeped in the Catholic tradition, St. Bernadette School is an ethnically diverse community serving students from Pre-Kindergarten through grade eight.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for academic excellence within a coeducational, safe, nurturing, and loving environment where moral values are taught and modeled.
- At Saint Bernadette Catholic School, we believe in providing our students with as many learning experiences in as possible in a wide variety of areas.
- One of our enrichment programs, open to exceptional students in grades 7 and 8 is the “Tech-Ed Program.” The students in this program have created and maintained this website.
- Utilizing computer skills mastered in class throughout their educational experience in grades K through 6.
- The Tech-Ed students are given hands-on experience in web creation using Microsoft FrontPage.
- The students have created or gathered all content, produced, scanned, and edited digital images, learned image manipulation using Adobe Photoshop, created PowerPoint presentations, produced digital sound files using digital sound editing software, and a wealth of other technical tasks.
- While accomplishing these “techno-tasks”, the students have learned vital lessons about the importance of teamwork in reaching a common goal, the concepts of deadlines and time management, and the importance of good communication.
- They have applied the gospel values instilled in them by their parents and the faculty and staff of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Eileen C. Steele|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East HavenGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
35 Bishop St
East Haven, CT 06512
- HamdenGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
418 Ridge Road
Hamden, CT 06517
- New HavenGrades: PK-8 | 199 students
351 Mckinley Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
- North HavenGrades: PK-K | 45 students
76 Maple Avenue
North Haven, CT 06473
- HamdenGrades: NS-K | 70 students
261 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.