St Bernard School
Tel: (412) 341-5444
- In order to assist families in the total education of their children and to carry on the traditions of the Catholic faith, Saint Bernard School is committed to academic excellence, to provide a safe and secure environment, to communicate the teachings of the Catholic Church,and to prepare students to function as responsible mature adults of the 21st century.
- The philosophy of Saint Bernard School is rooted in the fundamental Catholic principle of respect for life: that human origin is from God and human destiny is with Him.
- The purpose of our Catholic school is to help our youth grow in the knowledge and love of God and neighbor through learning about the world around them.
- We recognize the need for a strong academic program that helps children increase their ability to reach their fullest potential, and the importance of instilling a value system that equips them to make morally sound decisions.
- Saint Bernard School offers students the opportunity to interact in a Christian community, to build trusting relationships, and to witness through worship and service the Christian message as core to our Catholic heritage.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 145 students
2690 Waddington Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
(412) 563-0858 1 K-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-K | 67 students
1630 Greentree Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
(412) 344-4422 1.4 PK-K
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-9 | 143 students
1625 Greentree Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
(412) 563-1353 1.4 K-9
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.