St. Edward Elementary School
Tel: (615) 833-5770
- St. Edward Vision and Mission Statement: St. Edward School community strives to do WHAT IS RIGHT and DO OUR BEST in the image St. Edward School, in partnership with families and the Catholic Church, challenges each student to achieve academic excellence; to appreciate the arts; to realize his or her full potential; and to embrace and model the gospel of Jesus Christ through service to our community and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,100|
|Tuition Notes||PreK $6,750 (5 day), $4,050 (3 day), $2,700 (2 day) Kindergarten $6,400 Grades 1-8 $6,100 per student Multiple children discount|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Marsha Wharton|
|Admissions Associate||Jennie Guinn|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Rosary Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Guitar, Piano, Private Voice, Violin
- St. Edward School (SES) is a Catholic Elementary School within the Diocese of Nashville. It is a parish school with close ties to the church and community. We serve appropriately 360 students from 3 year old PreKindergarten through Eighth grade. Our population is 53.33% female and 46.66% male. 92.5% of our student population is Catholic and 7.5% is Non-Catholic. SES has a diverse student population: 63.89% Caucasian, 8.89% African American, 14.17% Hispanic, 5.28% Multi-Cultural, 7.78% Asian.SES employs 29 educators who work directly with students making our teacher/pupil ratio 13/1. Our school consists of mostly middle class families living in Davidson, Williamson, Rutherford, and Wilson counties. St. Edward has 39 different zip-codes and 26 different cities represented in our school. Our parents represent a wide range of income levels and occupations. The school is accredited through the Tennessee Department of Education, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). Our PreK program has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.Our educators emphasize individual development along with the basic skills curricula which includes:Religion, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, Physical Education, Music, Spanish, Art, Technology and Media.Our media center is the heart of our school. We have a vital technology and information literacy program that strives to prepare our students to become responsible digital citizens and lifelong learners. Students learn technology from basic to more advanced skills such as technology integration into their subject areas and creating multimedia projects.Our media center is equipped with state-of-the-art touch screen computers, iPads for check-out, and a quality library collection. The library contains 11,965 different materials including 8,615 distinct titles. Those materials include fiction, non-fiction, biographies, easy books, reference materials, professional books, CDs, DVDs, and audio books. We also have subscriptions to two professional magazines and seven magazines for students. â€‹ There are over 125 computers throughout the various classrooms for student use in addition to teacher computers. We also have, computers on wheels (COWS), and iPads available for students use for grades PreK-8th. All computers are hooked up to a fiber internet connection. As a part of our media resources, we have 7 interactive whiteboards (Smartboards) which are used by both faculty and students. In addition to that, all classrooms are equipped with a ceiling projector and wide screen. These tools are being used for teaching and learning.
- Our Faculty: SES is fortunate to have an outstanding faculty and staff consisting of 32 individuals.19 Classroom Teachers7 Specialty teachers2 Educational/ Instructional Assistants1 Administrative Assistant1 Nurse1 Technology Director1 Administrator56% of our faculty hold an advance degree, the average years of experience for our faculty is 18 years and the average years of teaching at St. Edward 14 years.
- Our Students: St. Edward School standardized test scores are a tribute to the hard work of the teachers, students, and parents. The average student scores a year in a half above their grade level in the five core academic subjects of Reading, Language, Math, Social Studies, and Science. Although high academic standards are in place, St. Edward School also provides many opportunities for students to participate in extra and co-curricular activities including sports teams:National Honor Society, Football, Softball, Cross Country, Basketball, Volleyball, Student Council,Forensics, Band, Choir, Cheerleading, Soccer, Scouts, SES Music Academy
- Pre-Kindergarten 3 Yrs Old Program: St. Edward School has expanded the Pre-K program last fall with the addition of a program for three-year-olds. The program will provide pre-school education two days per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and is open to any child who has his or her third birthday before August 15, 2014. “St. Edward’s Pre-K program for four-year-olds has been very successful since its inception in 2000, and it has been the model for numerous Pre-K programs at other schools,” Redmon said. “As more parents told us they were looking for educational options for their young children, we decided that we could build on the proven success of our Pre-K and extend our unique educational experience to another group of families. We are excited about the addition of these young students to our campus and the expansion of Catholic educational options to another group of young boys and girls.”Applications are now available in the school office. Parents interested in enrolling their children will need to provide the application along with a $50.00 application fee and a current immunization form for their three-year-old. Please visit Admissions link or call 615-8335770 for more information.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: NS-12 | 392 students
574 Bell Road
Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 367-0532 6.6 NS-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.