St. Emydius School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- St. Emydius School is a faith-filled parish school committed to providing a quality and affordable Catholic education to students from Pre-Kinder to 8th Grade of Lynwood and its surrounding communities.
- Inspired by the Gospel message and in partnership with parents,the faculty and staff collaborate to help each child become a responsible, faith-filled person, sharing in the mission of Christ and His church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please inquire for additional details|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,223|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a flexible tuition scale with financial assistance, scholarships, and incentives for eligible families. Furthermore, we have established a discounted sliding scale to support families with multiple children who are interested in enrolling.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Espino|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Program, Art Club, Choir, Community Outreach, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Homework Club, Math Club, Music Club, Student Council
- St. Emydius School is a faith-filled parish school committed to providing a quality Catholic education for the children of the parish.
- Inspired by the Gospel message and in partnership with parents, the faculty and staff collaborate to help each child become a responsible, faith-filled person, sharing in the mission of Christ and His church.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Gate Grades: NS | 35 students
10108 California Ave
South Gate, CA 90280
(323)567-2782 0.6 NS
- Lynwood Grades: PK-K | 18 students
11815 Long Beach Blvd
Lynwood, CA 90262
(310)637-0858 0.9 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 220 students
2270 E. 108th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
(213)306-8085 1.4 NS-8
- Lynwood Grades: PK-8 | 199 students
12522 Stoneacre Avenue
Lynwood, CA 90262
(310)638-0341 1.8 PK-8
Excellent school and leadership
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This school is amazing you Mack a lot of friends and the teachers are really helpful and the principal the kitchen lady`s are so nice funny and you will love theme
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lilia
Excellent School, thank you for everything that you did while my son was at your school from 1st-8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - Parent class of 2015
I am very happy with the school, my son has attended St.Emydius for 2 years and now he is in St. Pius X-St.Mattias very good teachers in both of the schools and first God my daughter will be a warrior to.
- Posted by Parent - ana_n
My name is David Lopez I graduated in 1976 from St. Emydius school in Lynwood California I still remember my teachers names and the salt and pepper uniforms we all wore . I was the last out of two brothers and a sister to attended that school I even have the same teachers as my siblings I must say all my teachers made a difference in my life even to this day I remember them god bless them all for everything they did for me . And then it was on to Pius X high in Downey Ca. Yep I must say I really enjoyed attending both these schools at times it was rough but it all paid off in the end. They both were very excellent schools to attend and everything really pay it off later in life. Thank you for everything.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Snowm
This is great school. My boy has attendended St Emydius School for 6 year and he is really happy. He participates in all kid of activities that are helping him be better each day. The teachers and adminstration are very nice and knowlegeable.
- Posted by Parent - lilia
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.