- As a Roman Catholic school, St. Francis Xavier is dedicated to creating an environment in which a Christian way of thought and life permeates all facets of the educational program by focusing on the spiritual, moral, intellectual, individual, social, physical, and cultural growth of its students.
- St. Francis Xavier School imparts the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, providing instruction in faith, morality, decision-making and ethics in conformity with Catholic doctrine.
- Students are encouraged to become aware of their gifts and limitations, realizing that there will always be greater or lesser persons than themselves in their lives.
- The school strives to instill self-esteem, self-realization, self-reliance, and self-responsibility.
- The purpose of the curriculum is to provide each student with the academic skills necessary to gain entrance into an appropriate high school and the basic skill necessary to function in a complex society.
- Taking into account the varied abilities of its students, this school also offers many and varied courses and services to meet the intellectual needs of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GretnaGrades: PK-7 | 413 students
3610 Claire Ave
Gretna, LA 70053
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 429 students
6421 W Metairie Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
MarreroGrades: PK-8 | 741 students
601 Avenue C
Marrero, LA 70072
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 405 students
1600 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 402 students
194 Ravan Ave.
Metairie, LA 70123
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.