St Francis Xavier School
- As a Roman Catholic school, St. Francis Xavier is dedicated to creating an environment in which a Christian way of thought and life permeates all facets of the educational program by focusing on the spiritual, moral, intellectual, individual, social, physical, and cultural growth of its students.
- St. Francis Xavier School imparts the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, providing instruction in faith, morality, decision-making and ethics in conformity with Catholic doctrine.
- Students are encouraged to become aware of their gifts and limitations, realizing that there will always be greater or lesser persons than themselves in their lives.
- The school strives to instill self-esteem, self-realization, self-reliance, and self-responsibility.
- The purpose of the curriculum is to provide each student with the academic skills necessary to gain entrance into an appropriate high school and the basic skill necessary to function in a complex society.
- Taking into account the varied abilities of its students, this school also offers many and varied courses and services to meet the intellectual needs of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 429 students
6421 W Metairie Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
- MarreroGrades: PK-8 | 741 students
601 Avenue C
Marrero, LA 70072
- MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 405 students
1600 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
- New OrleansGrades: NS-7 | 379 students
194 Ravan Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70123
- HarveyGrades: PK-8 | 804 students
617 2nd Ave
Harvey, LA 70058
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.