St Francis Xavier School
Tel: (504) 833-1471
- As a Roman Catholic school, St. Francis Xavier is dedicated to creating an environment in which a Christian way of thought and life permeates all facets of the educational program by focusing on the spiritual, moral, intellectual, individual, social, physical, and cultural growth of its students.
- St. Francis Xavier School imparts the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, providing instruction in faith, morality, decision-making and ethics in conformity with Catholic doctrine.
- Students are encouraged to become aware of their gifts and limitations, realizing that there will always be greater or lesser persons than themselves in their lives.
- The school strives to instill self-esteem, self-realization, self-reliance, and self-responsibility.
- The purpose of the curriculum is to provide each student with the academic skills necessary to gain entrance into an appropriate high school and the basic skill necessary to function in a complex society.
- Taking into account the varied abilities of its students, this school also offers many and varied courses and services to meet the intellectual needs of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grades: NS-7 | 397 students
1600 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
(504) 833-8224 2.2 NS-7
- Metairie Grades: PK-7 | 274 students
6421 W Metairie Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
(504) 733-1433 4.6 PK-7
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 311 students
3610 Claire Ave
Gretna, LA 70053
(504) 366-3538 8.6 PK-7
- Harvey Grades: PK-8 | 339 students
617 2nd Ave
Harvey, LA 70058
(504) 341-4342 6.2 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.