St George Academy
5.00 (1 review)
St George Academy Photo #9 - Production team and student actors for the 'Zombie' commercial shoot for State Farm Insurance
- Saint George Academy (SGA) is a boutique, private college preparatory high school located on a residential street in the East Village in New York City. SGA is a microcosm of the ethnically diverse community it serves. SGA was founded in 1968 by the Fathers of the Order of Saint Basil the Great and the Ukrainian congregants of Saint George Ukrainian Catholic Church. Saint George Academy is committed to academic excellence and the spiritual and social development of every student. At SGA, we offer a program of rigorous core academics within the STEM curriculums with a focus on critical thinking, and offer 4 years mandatory of Computer Coding in order to prepare students for our changing digital world. Likewise, we offer humanities including Art and Music along with free ballroom dancing and modern dancing classes after school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||The cost per student is $15,000, and half of the tuition is subsidized by the generosity of the Order of Saint Basil the Great. Tuition does not include a registration fee of $500. Currently, all students are eligible for Financial Aid and Scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrew Stasiw|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Heritage Club
Arts and Music Programs:
All SGA students participate in the popular school chorus which is often times requested to sing for events at the United Nations.
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballroom Dancing, Modern Dance
- SGA offers a family-like setting, where teachers are compassionate and caring and where students benefit from individual attention. We cultivate the highest standards in academics and moral character development.Many of our graduates are accepted into some of the best universities in the United States including Harvard, Columbia, Fordham, NYU, and many others.We have a full sized gym located in our building where students have the opportunity to participate in our sports programs including soccer, basketball, and volleyball.It is by design that Saint George Academy maintains small classroom settings where students benefit from a real one-on-one interaction with their teachers.Within our friendly, warm, and safe environment, students are able to obtain the highest standards in academic and moral development.For more information about SGA, contact our principal, Andrew Stasiw at (212) 473-3323 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.Join us at SGA where learning and character development meet academic excellence!In addition to core subject, our vast array of courses include Computer Coding, Survey of Philosophy, Journalism, Computers, Art, Music, Chorus, Religion, AP Classes, Ballroom Dancing, and Modern Dance.
- We enroll students of various ethnic backgrounds who are bright, curious, motivated and show strong academic potential. Our curriculum adheres to strict academic guidelines for learning as prescribed by the NY State Department of Education and we are certified by the NY State Board of Regents. St. George Academy (SGA) prepares students to be independent thinkers and productive citizens. Our students gain a strong sense of self and citizenship, and our graduates go on to become leaders in society.
- People that viewed St George Academy also viewed these schools: Xavier High School, La Salle Academy, Friends Seminary, Loyola High School and LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: 9-12 | 1071 students
30 W 16th St
New York, NY 10011
(212)924-7900 0.7 9-12
- New York Grades: 9-12 | 335 students
215 East 6th Street
New York, NY 10003
(212)475-8940 0 9-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212)979-5035 0.5 K-12
- New York Grades: 9-12 | 217 students
980 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028
(212)288-3522 3.8 9-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
(212)477-5316 0.7 PK-12
Currently my daughter is enrolled for the past 3 years, and wow... this school is really dynamic. There focus is on my daughter - they are small and give a lot of attention to every student. But they offer so much - Computer Coding is new and they really have sparked her creativity and given her a focus that she never had in elementary school. The new principal has made great changes and this school is really a gem.
- Posted by Parent - Marjore M.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.