Xavier High School
- At Xavier, we have a long tradition, since 1847, of helping young men grow intellectually, spiritually, and physically.
- Our roots as a Jesuit, Catholic school commit us to guiding our students to be Men for Others who work for the greater glory of God and the betterment of the world.
- It is a bold mission, but one that, when undertaken wholeheartedly, yields magnificent results.
Xavier High School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1071 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP Italian, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1261|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Blue Blazer or School Sweater, blue or white dress shirt, tie, & khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 25|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,424|
|Tuition Notes||We do not charge any additional fees, beyond the registration fee & athletic team fees. Food purchased in the cafeteria is a separate cost.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Steven Noga|
|Admissions Associate||Marvin Thomas|
|Endowment Size||$60 million|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Riflery, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Drill Team, Fencing,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- Since 1847, Xavier has offered a transformative education capable of helping young men of competence, conscience, and compassion to grow holistically--to be young men open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to doing justice. Our Jesuit roots commit us to guiding our students to become Men for Others, critically minded young men who work to bring love, justice, and mercy into action for the greater glory of God. We love that this is our bold mission, but one that when undertaken wholeheartedly yields magnificent results.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212)979-5035 0.5 K-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.