St Gertrude School
Tel: (513) 561-8020
St Gertrude School Photo #2 - Sr Gianna, O.P., discusses Junior High procedures with a parent at a "Back to School" night. The sister teaches Religion to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
St Gertrude School Photo #3 - St Gertrude School Principal, Sr Mary Aquinas, O.P., along with current students, welcomes Class of '62 past students who celebrated their 50th Class Reunion on campus and made a generous gift to the school.
St Gertrude School Photo #4 - St Gertrude 8th Grade and 1st Grade buddies work together on a school project promoting "community" spirit.
St Gertrude School Photo #5 - An 8th grade and 1st grade student from St Gertrude enjoy a pause during a collaborative project promoting school community.
St Gertrude School Photo #6 - St Gertrude School 4th Grade Teacher Jeff Hileman enjoys lunch with some of his students during the first few weeks of the 2012-13 school year.
- St. Gertrude School is a Catholic, elementary school in the Dominican tradition.
- In partnership with parents, we offer children an excellent academic and religious education, providing a Christ-centered atmosphere in which students may grow in knowledge, truth, and love.
- St. Gertrude School embraces a philosophy which is committed to the education of children in partnership with parents, who are the principal educators of their children.
- The school is wholeheartedly committed to the task of aiding them in developing the total child.
- Therefore, its program is directed toward the abilities of all its students so that self-worth is enhanced and academic excellence attained.
- St. Gertrude School seeks to motivate students to live as part of a believing community which works to serve the needs of its society: to foster love of life, love of family and love of country; to reverence this plurality as a wonder of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Plaid jumper/skirt for girls; navy blue pants/white shirt for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,995|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 3995 for in parish tuition; out of parish tuition 5900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elaine Nolte|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Power of the Pen
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, St Gertrude Players
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 124 students
4122 Myrtle Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45236
(513) 791-2734 9.6 K-8
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-2 | 26 students
9429 Loveland Madeira Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45242
(513) 793-7877 3.8 PK-2
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.