St. James Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (903) 793-5554
St. James Day School Photo #2 - Deer frequently wander from the woods on to campus grounds. This one likes watching from the amphitheatre.
- The Venerable Thomas H. Carson, Rector of St. James Episcopal Church, together with a small group of Texarkanians founded St. James Day School in 1948.
- At that time, the School offered kindergarten and first grade, and met in the old parish house of St. James Church.
- A faculty of four handled all instruction, with an enrollment of 32.
- An additional grade was added each year. Sixty-four years later, St. James enjoys an unequaled reputation in the four-states area for excellent academics serving grades Pre-K through Six. We welcome inquires for admissions to St. James, and will be happy to set up a campus tour for you.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Weekly Fees|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||$6600.00 for grades K-8 PreSchool starts at $4,860.00 Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Lindsey Looney|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Martial Arts, TennisMartial Arts, Tennis,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Piano, Spanish/Latin, Technology|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- "There is, in any population center, a small minority of parents who recognize that there can be a wide variation in the depth, breadth, richness, and spiritual character of education from one school to another, although the marks and diplomas issued by the schools may appear to be the same. These are the parents who want to offer their children every possible opportunity for developing their minds, their bodies, and their spirits to the fullest potential. These parents are the reason St. James Day School exists."
Profile last updated:
I attended St. James in 1949 - 1950 and graduated in 1957. My life was seriously influenced in a positive way by the combination of excellent faculty and the presence of a Christian atmosphere surrounding all that we did there. This school creates great citizens with an extraordinary foundation for advanced education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - James Sneed
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.