St Jarlath Elementary School
- St. Jarlath School strives to provide an educational environment that develops the whole human person in relationship to God and others.
- While acknowledging that parents are the primary educators of their children, we strive to form an active partnership between home and school.
- The faculty, parish staff, and parents work together to motivate our students to develop their full human and spiritual potential.
- Our goal is that all St. Jarlath students will become increasingly responsible for their own faith life, learning, behavior, and future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-8 | 332 students
1516 33rd Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
(510)532-7392 1.3 K-8
- Campbell Grades: PK-12 | 28 students
1 W Campbell Ave (J70)
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)898-8627 38 PK-12
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 255 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)771-6600 10.8 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 70 students
3741 Buchanan Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
(866)664-2070 11.9 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.