St Jerome School
- St. Jerome School is a Catholic School dedicated to the total growth and development of the Christian child.
- The faculty and staff recognize the dignity and differences of individual students.
- Therefore, they strive to develop each child's spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physically and social potential within a caring environment.
- The mission of St. Jerome School is to educate the whole child: physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
- In doing so we hope that each child follows the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Gospel teachings, becomes life long learners, people of prayer, service and community building.
- In cooperation with the parents, the primary educators, the faculty strives to provide academic excellence in a setting that attempts to implement the values and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- While recognizing the homogeneous character of the school, programs and projects are designed to extend the focus from their personal culture and the world around them.
- The emphasis must be that each child respects the dignity of every human being.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed St Jerome School also viewed these schools: Bridgeport Catholic Academy, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park, Chicago Grammar School, Bennett Day School and British International School of Chicago-South Loop.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 274 students
3700 S Lowe Ave
Chicago, IL 60609
(773) 376-6223 1.2 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-5 | 515 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
(773) 907-5000 4.5 NS-5
- Chicago Grades: NS-12 | 671 students
161 West 9th Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(773) 998-2472 1.9 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.