St John The Apostle Catholic School
- SJA Mission Statement: Saint John the Apostle Catholic School is a diverse community, centered in Christ, partnered with parents, committed to preparing the whole child for a lifetime of learning and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Teacher on staff|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,462|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Lacrosse, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
All sports listed are through CYO
- PHILOSOPHY: SJA Catholic School recognizes the spiritual, academic, physical, and social emotional diversity of each student and of all humanity. The learning environment is rooted in the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- This philosophy for students of SJA is accomplished through:
- Social/emotional development SJA students are expected to respond to the community through self-discipline, self-confidence, compassion and commitment.
- Spiritual qualities As one in Christ, Saint John the Apostle students learn how to glorify God and grow spiritually through loving service.
- Academic attributes In an environment grounded in Catholicism, students become life-long learners who are articulate, creative, and knowledgeable problem-solvers, critical thinkers and decision-makers.
- Physical countenance Being made in the image and likeness of God, SJA students are led to respect the uniqueness of their bodies and the bodies of others as temples of the Holy Spirit.Student
- LEARNING EXPECTATIONS:
- A student of St. John the Apostle Catholic School is able to:
- Model Catholic beliefs by:
- Learning what the Catholic Church teaches and why.
- Using Catholic Church teachings to make choices.
- Respecting and caring for God`s people and creation.
- Display responsibility for learning by:
- Exhibiting willingness and motivation to learn.
- Applying learning to new situations, while using critical thinking and questioning skills.
- Effectively communicating in a variety of forms.
- Communicate understanding kindness and compassion toward others by:
- Seeking peaceful resolution to conflict while accepting ownership.
- Showing safe, respectful, and responsible community membership.in the faith-filled setting.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oregon City Grades: PK-12 | 245 students
19575 Sebastian Way
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503)655-5961 2.6 PK-12
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
17800 Se Main St
Portland, OR 97233
(503)761-1136 12.6 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?