Christ The King Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (503) 785-2411
Christ the King Catholic School strengthens the God-given capabilities of each child in a loving Catholic community. Students experience an environment that is gospel-centered and service-oriented.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms required for all grades; see website for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,895|
|Tuition Notes||Christ the King Catholic School is dependent upon tuition to meet budget needs. Tuition and fees covers approximately 70 percent of the actual cost of an education. The rest of the cost is subsidized through investment from Christ the King Parish, the school development program, and school sponsored fundraising activities.Tuition can be paid in full in August, bi-annually in August and January, or in ten monthly installments by electronic fund transfer (EFT). We offer discounted rates if there are two or more children from the same household in Kindergarten through eighth grade.The most current tuition information is available in the school office or school website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Steven Day, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Alexandra Blue, Secretary|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Christ the King Catholic School is rooted in teaching the loving message of Jesus to our school children. The administration, faculty, and support staff work tirelessly on behalf of our students to be positive Christian role models and strive for each student to grow spiritually, academically, physically, morally, emotionally and socially. The entire school staff works closely with parents, the primary educators of children, to ensure that each child has the opportunity to meet his/her potential. Our school is blessed with a supportive parish community that works to promote the importance of our school`s ministry.
- Christ the King School was founded in 1964. The school was originally staffed by members of the Sisters of Saint Mary of Oregon and the principal of the school was a SSMO until 1983. This position has been held by laity ever since. The school was originally founded to serve grades one through four and over the years the school facility has been expanded to accommodate the addition of grades five through eight and the establishment of a full-day kindergarten.
- The construction of the new parish church in 1980 allowed for further expansion of the school facility. The former church became the permanent parish hall, cafeteria, and gymnasium. The former parish hall would be converted into two classrooms. The most recent school facility expansion occurred in 1992 with the completion of the middle school wing, Colonel Robert G. Scott Memorial Library.
- Additional facility changes include the creation of a school music classroom in one area of the parish hall / gymnasium and the installation of a wood floor in the parish hall / gymnasium. Facility upgrades over time have included the construction of a covered playground area and the installation of modern playground equipment. In the summer of 2012, a new science laboratory/multipurpose classroom was completed.
- In 1996 Christ the King School was "Accredited with Merit" by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges and Universities (now the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools) and successfully passed another full six-year term of accreditation in 2003 and again in 2009. Christ the King School is recognized and registered as a private school with the State of Oregon Department of Education with curriculum, staff qualifications, and all areas of operation meeting or exceeding state standards. Christ the King School is a member in good standing of the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
17800 Se Main St
Portland, OR 97233
(503) 761-1136 7.3 PK-8
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
7425 Se Cesar E Chavez Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 774-8871 2.8 PK-8
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
12645 SW Pacific Hwy
Portland, OR 97223
(503) 639-4179 9.3 PK-8
- Damascus Grades: PK-8 | 29 students
16077 SE HWY 224
Damascus, OR 97089
(503) 558-8514 5 PK-8
This is a wonderful school, filled with extraordinary teachers, a supportive and innovative principal who is a wonderful administrator and a community of families that are loving and nurturing. One of the best private Catholic schools in Portland. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an environment where your child will be supported and loved as well as academically challenged.
- Posted by Parent - bergi
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.