La Salle Catholic College Preparatory
- La Salle Prep prepares students for college and for life.
- La Salle's rigorous academics, inclusive community, dynamic student life experience, and outstanding extra-curricular activities challenge students to push their limits and reach their full potential.
- La Salle strives to provide opportunities for young people to develop their gifts, find their own voice, and make a difference in the world.
- La Salle's motto is "Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve.".
La Salle Catholic College Preparatory places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||713 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Spanish V, U.S. History, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Statistics, U.S. Government, World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / Jun. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,650|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Allen|
|Admissions Associate||Sherri Keepes|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Multi-Cultural Club, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
Outdoor Club, Pay It Forward Club, Programming Club, Robotics Team, Rocketry Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Productions, Drum Line, Instrumental Ensemble
- La Salle is a place where intellectual freedom abounds, students are encouraged to push their limits, accept and respect all persons, overcome injustice and prepare for life after high school at the college of their choice. La Salle's cultural immersion trips allow students to experience different cultures and languages. La Salle also offers several service immersion opportunities both locally and throughout the United States where students learn first hand about social justice issues and how to develop their voices to effect positive change in this increasingly global society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 422 students
9200 Ne Fremont St
Portland, OR 97220
(503)252-5207 7.8 PK-12
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 327 students
413 NE 91st Ave.
Portland, OR 97220
(503)252-8577 6.2 PK-12
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 756 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-1894 10.1 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.