St. John the Evangelist Catholic School
Tel: (219) 365-5451
St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Photo #5 - Excellent CYO Sports Program: Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Volleyball.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Photo #6 - Weekly worship opportunities and daily religion class.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Photo #7 - Preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. St. John the Evangelist's preschool program, offered for three and four-year-olds, provides our youngest children with the opportunity to grow in a positive Christian atmosphere. Our curriculum utilizes D.I.G. (Develop, Inspire, Grow) Curriculum which teaches oral language, active literacy, robust math, science & social studies and social emotional skills.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Photo #8 - Elementary iPad learning. Students in grade K-6 have access to classroom iPads to for testing, Accelerated Reader, reading and math. Students in Middle School have a 1:1 ratio with iPads.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Photo #9 - Advanced Technology. Students have access to the latest technology through Promethean boards in the classroom, a computer lab, elementary iPad learning centers, middle school 1:1 iPad ratio, and online curriculum.
- Jesus Christ is the foundation of our Catholic grade school, therefore, St. John the Evangelist School, in partnership with family and parish is committed to enhancing the dignity of each individual; developing moral values; nurturing emotional and social skills; and fostering academic excellence for every child within a faith-filled environment.
- St. John the Evangelist School believes that childhood is the most critical period for the development of attitudes, habits, capabilities, and skills, and that the curriculum encompasses all that a child experiences in his life at school. The pastor, principal, staff, teachers, parents, and other community members lay the foundation for a love of learning, a desire to grow in charity, and the critical thinking skills needed to be a truly educated person.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Details on website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates on the website|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angie Buchanan|
|Admissions Associate||Jackie Tuley|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy, Geography, Girl|
Club or Organization:
Academic, Art, Chess, Math, Robotics, Spanish, Spell, Student
Arts and Music Programs:
- Spiritual Development
- Academic Excellence
- Advanced Technology
- A Safe, Supportive, Community Atmosphere
- Fine Arts & Enrichment Programs for All Students
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
4329 Cameron Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219) 932-2686 13.4 PK-8
- South Holland Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
16300 State St
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 333-5471 13.1 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.