St. John Vianney Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. John Vianney Catholic School, a ministry of St. John Vianney parish, is a communion of cultures united in the love of Christ, where through prayer, spiritual and academic formation, and service, students are empowered to reach their full academic and spiritual potential in a diverse world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||538 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), TAG Team
Arts and Music Programs:
School Band, School Choir, SJV Players Drama Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Competitive Sports, Non-competitive sports
- St. John Vianney School, inspired by the pastoral, "To Teach as Jesus Did," has as its purpose the formation of its students into creative, Christ-centered persons. We strive to provide a Christian environment where the faith of our students can become living, conscious and active. Our school affords the fullest and best opportunity to realize the threefold purposes of Christian education; that is, to teach doctrine, to build Christian community and to provide service to others. Our school places a high priority on the formation of Catholic leaders who are prepared to be active, contributing citizens in a global society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: NS-12 | 256 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
(407)313-7222 0.4 NS-12
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 485 students
505 E Ridgewood Street
Orlando, FL 32803
(407)841-4432 5.7 PK-8
- Orlando Grades: K-12 | 670 students
9307 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, FL 32825
(407)275-8031 9.2 K-12
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 281 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)293-7691 8.5 PK-8
Such a strong school providing a strong education with a strong catholic-faith foundation. The principal, Ms Marshall, is committed to bringing advances in technology, curriculum, and faith-centered education to excelling our students.
- Posted by Parent - Mustang Supporter
We had our daughter enrolled in the Pre-K with Ms. Celeste and Ms. Wendy. We could not have hoped for better results! My daughter finished reading the series, "Bob Books," before the end of the (Pre-K!) school year. St. John's has a wonderful system for encouraging student achievement, combined with a no-nonsense focus on academics and social development. I know my daughter loves to read, but Ms. Celeste and Ms. Wendy brought the most out of our daughter any 2 teachers could have. Thank-You!
- Posted by Parent - hanse
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.