St. John Vianney Regional High School
SJVHS is committed to developing the overall person-mind, body, heart and spirit.
We promote an educational environment that supports the growth of each of our students. We provide advanced curriculum and boast a student-faculty ratio of 13:1. "Block Scheduling" allows a student to remediate weaknesses in any curricular area and to accelerate their learning to an advanced level. The Early College Academy allows academically eligible students to begin college in the 9th grade and earn an Associate of Arts Degree from Brookdale Community College. The Advanced Placement Academy allows academically eligible students the opportunity to maximize the number of Advanced Placement (AP) courses over their high school career.
Students have the opportunity to compete in over 33 varsity sports and participate in over 40 clubs and social groups.
Saint John Vianney High School is a co-ed Catholic High School operated by the Diocese of Trenton. Spiritually, SJVHS provides a Catholic religious education that nurtures the soul of each student.
Our students are constantly challenged to dream big and to embrace new and exciting opportunities.
In 2019 99% of our graduates had the opportunity to go on to attend college. Graduates received over $47 million in scholarships and achievement awards toward continuing their academic careers. Students earned recognition for excellence from professional societies in all curricular areas.
SJVHS`s athletic teams practice and play on its own athletic campus, including a state-of-the- art turf field and an all-purpose indoor athletic bubble.
Its teams participate in the Shore Conference, NJSIAA , and Catholic Conference of Schools and have traditionally placed both teams and individuals into local, state and national rankings.
SJVHS`s cutting-edge one to one tablet PC program provides all students and faculty members with individual tablet PC computers. Faculty can monitor student`s computer use via DyKnow security monitoring software.
We are also equipped with FIOS wireless network access throughout the entire campus.
SJVHS`s students are dedicated to the concept of "Giving Back" to the community through Christian Service and consistently set the standard for this by providing over 8,000 hours per year of service to a wide variety of agencies and organizations.
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 841 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,270
- Application Deadline: Jan. 24 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Finances and Admission
Jan. 24 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
$585 non-refundable registration fee Tuition includes Tablet PC
Total Sports Offered
- Educational Programs 4x4 Block Scheduling Number of Advanced Placement courses taught in school by SJVHS staff (14) Dual enrollment college courses taught during regular school day (18) Virtual High School courses offered Student-Teacher ratio (13:1) Staff members with advanced degrees (48%) Christian Service outreach program (100% of all seniors) NHS tutoring and student mentoring programs Graduates who attend college, over 99% Standardized test scores including SA T`s are above the state and national ercentilesTechnologyEach student receives their own tablet PC High-speed broadband wireless campus Advanced MAC LabExtracurricular and Club Activities Athletic teams with varsity (33), junior varsity, and freshman levels Number of clubs meeting during the school day (40) Award-winning Fine Arts ProgramFacilities 38 acre campus with athletic facilities on-site Main Athletic Complex with state-of-the-art lighted turf field all-purpose indoor athletic bubble Fully air conditioned school building On-site parking for all students, staff, and visitorsThe Vianney Institute Evening, weekend and summer enrichment classes for all ages Accelerated curriculum Value Proposition SJVHS Registration Fee $585 SJVHS Tuition (includes tablet PC) $14,270
Endorse St. John Vianney Regional High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.