St John Vianney Regional High School
- SJVHS is committed to developing the overall person-mind, body, heart and spirit.
- We promote an educational environment that supports the growth of each of our students. We provide advanced curriculum and boast a student-faculty ratio of 13:1. "Block Scheduling" allows a student to remediate weaknesses in any curricular area and to accelerate their learning to an advanced level. The Early College Academy allows academically eligible students to begin college in the 9th grade and earn an Associate of Arts Degree from Brookdale Community College. The Advanced Placement Academy allows academically eligible students the opportunity to maximize the number of Advanced Placement (AP) courses over their high school career.
- Students have the opportunity to compete in over 33 varsity sports and participate in over 40 clubs and social groups.
- Saint John Vianney High School is a co-ed Catholic High School operated by the Diocese of Trenton. Spiritually, SJVHS provides a Catholic religious education that nurtures the soul of each student.
- Our students are constantly challenged to dream big and to embrace new and exciting opportunities.
- In 2019 99% of our graduates had the opportunity to go on to attend college. Graduates received over $47 million in scholarships and achievement awards toward continuing their academic careers. Students earned recognition for excellence from professional societies in all curricular areas.
- SJVHS`s athletic teams practice and play on its own athletic campus, including a state-of-the- art turf field and an all-purpose indoor athletic bubble.
- Its teams participate in the Shore Conference, NJSIAA , and Catholic Conference of Schools and have traditionally placed both teams and individuals into local, state and national rankings.
- SJVHS`s cutting-edge one to one tablet PC program provides all students and faculty members with individual tablet PC computers. Faculty can monitor student`s computer use via DyKnow security monitoring software.
- We are also equipped with FIOS wireless network access throughout the entire campus.
- SJVHS`s students are dedicated to the concept of "Giving Back" to the community through Christian Service and consistently set the standard for this by providing over 8,000 hours per year of service to a wide variety of agencies and organizations.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||841 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,270|
|Tuition Notes||$585 non-refundable registration fee Tuition includes Tablet PC|
|Admissions Director||Patti Gilmartin|
|Admissions Associate||Staci Shalkowski|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- Educational Programs 4x4 Block Scheduling Number of Advanced Placement courses taught in school by SJVHS staff (14) Dual enrollment college courses taught during regular school day (18) Virtual High School courses offered Student-Teacher ratio (13:1) Staff members with advanced degrees (48%) Christian Service outreach program (100% of all seniors) NHS tutoring and student mentoring programs Graduates who attend college, over 99% Standardized test scores including SA T`s are above the state and national ercentilesTechnologyEach student receives their own tablet PC High-speed broadband wireless campus Advanced MAC LabExtracurricular and Club Activities Athletic teams with varsity (33), junior varsity, and freshman levels Number of clubs meeting during the school day (40) Award-winning Fine Arts ProgramFacilities 38 acre campus with athletic facilities on-site Main Athletic Complex with state-of-the-art lighted turf field all-purpose indoor athletic bubble Fully air conditioned school building On-site parking for all students, staff, and visitorsThe Vianney Institute Evening, weekend and summer enrichment classes for all ages Accelerated curriculum Value Proposition SJVHS Registration Fee $585 SJVHS Tuition (includes tablet PC) $14,270
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Red Bank Grades: 9-12 | 828 students
112 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732)747-5113 7.2 9-12
- Belmar Grades: 9-12 | 485 students
607 7th Ave
Belmar, NJ 07719
(732)681-2858 16.4 9-12
- Metuchen Grades: 9-12 | 683 students
145 Plainfield Rd
Metuchen, NJ 08840
(732)549-7600 15.1 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.