- SJVHS is committed to developing the overall person—mind, body, heart and spirit.
- We promote an educational environment that supports the growth of each of our students. We provide advanced curriculum and boast a student-faculty ratio of 16:1. “Block Scheduling” allows a student to remediate weaknesses in any curricular area and to accelerate their learning to an advanced level.
- Students have the opportunity to compete in over 30 varsity sports and participate in over 40 clubs and social groups.
- Saint John Vianney High School is a co-ed Catholic High School operated by the Diocese of Trenton. Spiritually, SJVHS provides a Catholic religious education that nurtures the soul of each student.
- Our students are constantly challenged to dream big and to embrace new and exciting opportunities.
- In 2014 100% of our graduates had the opportunity to go on to attend college. Graduates received over $29 million in scholarships and achievement awards toward continuing their academic careers. Students earned recognition for excellence from professional societies in all curricular areas.
- SJVHS’s athletic teams practice and play on its own athletic campus, including a state-of-the- art turf field and a brand new all-purpose indoor athletic bubble.
- Its teams participate in the Shore Conference, NJSIAA , and Catholic Conference of Schools and have traditionally placed both teams and individuals into local, state and national rankings.
- SJVHS’s cutting-edge one to one tablet PC program provides all students and faculty members with individual tablet PC computers. Faculty can monitor student’s computer use via DyKnow security monitoring software.
- We are also equipped with FIOS wireless network access throughout the entire campus.
- All science and math classrooms contain SMARTboards. SJVHS’s students are dedicated to the concept of “Giving Back” to the community through Christian Service and consistently set the standard for this by providing over 8,000 hours per year of service to a wide variety of agencies and organizations.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1008 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,995|
|Tuition Notes||$585 non-refundable registration fee Tuition includes Tablet PC|
|Admissions Director||Patti Gilmartin|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- Educational Programs • 4x4 Block Scheduling • Number of Advanced Placement courses taught in school by SJVHS staff (11) • Dual enrollment college courses taught during regular school day (8) • Virtual High School courses offered • Student-Teacher ratio (16:1) • Staff members with advanced degrees (48%) • Christian Service outreach program (100% of all seniors) • NHS tutoring and student mentoring programs • Graduates who attend college, over 99% • Standardized test scores including SA T’s are above the state and national ercentiles Technology •Each student receives their own tablet PC • High-speed broadband wireless campus • Advanced MAC Lab • SMARTboards in all math and science classrooms • Student SMARTboards security monitoring by faculty Extracurricular and Club Activities • Athletic teams with varsity (30), junior varsity, and freshman levels • Number of clubs meeting during the school day (40) • Award-winning Fine Arts Program Facilities • 38 acre campus with athletic facilities on-site • Main Athletic Complex with state-of-the-art lighted turf field • New all-purpose indoor athletic bubble • Fully air conditioned school building • On-site parking for all students, staff, and visitors The Vianney Institute • Evening, weekend and summer enrichment classes for all ages • Accelerated curriculum Value Proposition • SJVHS Registration Fee – $585 • SJVHS Tuition (includes tablet PC) – $9500
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LincroftGrades: 9-12 | 955 students
850 Newman Springs Rd
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Red BankGrades: 9-12 | 872 students
112 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
BelmarGrades: 9-12 | 501 students
607 7th Ave
Belmar, NJ 07719
MetuchenGrades: 9-12 | 844 students
145 Plainfield Rd
Metuchen, NJ 08840
Toms RiverGrades: 9-12 | 685 students
711 Hooper Ave
Toms River, NJ 08753
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.