St Joseph Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Sierra Madre Academy was established in response to the Second Vatican Council's call for greater lay witness in contemporary society.
- Teaching in accordance with the Magisterium of the Church, our mission is to form young men and women who, committed to live by Catholic principles, will transform and advance human culture.
- We aim to accomplish this by offering a traditional learning environment that blends faith and reason in educating the whole child.
- Man was created by God in His image and likeness and therefore is destined for Him who is infinite perfection.
- In the spirit of the Divine Master, amidst a world of material possession, the mission of Sierra Madre Academy is to prepare the child for what he must be and for what he must do here on earth, in order to gain the sublime end for which he was created.
- Our duty is to take great care in the Christian education of the youth.
St Joseph Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Body Largest student body
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 9.5 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: 6-12
9915 Mira Mesa Boulevard, Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92131
(866)402-1699 17.1 6-12
- Escondido Grades: K-12 | 63 students
1717 E Lincoln Ave
Escondido, CA 92027
(760)738-1737 8.1 K-12
Saint Joseph is an excellent school. Strong values, faith formation and very solid education.The school is our family! and a blessing!The staff and teachers are the best! and always look forward to work with you and your child.We made the right and best choice for our child to attend SJA.
- Posted by Parent - Brunner
We have had a wonderful experience at St. Joseph Academy. We love the authentically Catholic atmosphere, the classical approach to education, the friendly and loving staff and administration and the wonderful families. While no school is perfect, SJA continues to work on its areas of weakness (fundraising, high teacher turn- over, and low high school enrollment). The strengths far out weigh its weaknesses and we are so blessed to be a part of the Crusader family.
- Posted by Parent - M
We have 4 children currently attending St. Joseph Academy; 2 in grade school and 2 in middle school. We have been at the school since our oldest was in first grade. Our children have grown academically, spiritually and emotionally. The administration is excellent; they faithfully follow the teachings of the Catholic Church and we truly believe they have the academic and spiritual growth of our children as their primary goal. Our children are very happy at the school and we feel truly blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family!
- Posted by Parent - 5Boys
My wife and I left our home in lovely San Clemente and moved to San Marcos so our six kids could attend Saint Joseph Academy, a K-12 private Catholic school. We currently have four kids enrolled; two in lower grades, one in middle school, and one in high school.When homeschooling is just not an option, the next best thing is Saint Joseph Academy. This school challenges them academically, but more so, spiritually. Mediocrity is unacceptable, especially when it concerns the eternal destiny of the soul. Without supernatural faith, education is worthless. SJA strives to form Saints and Scholars, and in that order.Last year (2016) the High School had the highest average SAT scores in the entire Diocese of San Diego. I attribute this to several factors, including the overall educational environment, the dedicated staff, the small student to teacher ratio and intimate class size, the family influence on on the children, and the fact that where the Faith flourishes, the "lights are on" in the mind and soul.To maintain my 5 Star Rating, SJA need only to continue taking steps in the right direction - toward Tradition. As we progress through this present darkness of so many "-isms" (modernism, cultural marxism, humanism, moral relativism, communism, etc), Tradition, as traditionally understood by the Catholics of antiquity, is the only thing that will save the day, as Christ is found most abundantly in Tradition.
- Posted by Parent - James Doan
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.