St Joseph Catholic School
- Saint Joseph Catholic School exists to educate the whole person in a Christian value-centered environment, and assist families in passing on the Catholic faith and traditions to their children.
- The education excellence present within these walls is a gift we readily accept from Christ.
- Keeping in mind their diverse abilities, students are challenged to develop to their fullest potential.
- Through academics, prayer, our time, talents, and resources, we strive to create a Catholic community, which lives and communicates the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hanover Grades: K-8 | 428 students
55 Basilica Drive
Hanover, PA 17331
(717)632-8715 21.8 K-8
- Thomasville Grades: PK-6 | 91 students
115 N Biesecker Rd
Thomasville, PA 17364
(717)792-0889 12 PK-6
- York Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
235 South Beaver Street
York, PA 17401
(717)854-8263 6.2 PK-6
- York Grades: K-12 | 38 students
329 E Poplar St
York, PA 17403
(717)843-4562 6.1 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.