St. Luke Lutheran School
- St. Luke Lutheran School is a co-educational academic community serving preschool through grade eight students.
- The school operates as part of the Christian educational ministry of St.Luke Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- A strong emphasis is placed on God's Word and its associated moral and ethical values in both formal instruction and in how our faculty and students work and live together.
- St. Luke School strives for academic excellence in its curriculum, instruction and programs as it seeks to assist families in the spiritual, academic, social and emotional development of their children.
- We endeavor to develop the student's thinking, reasoning and communication skills enabling them to go beyond the curriculum.
- We consider the task of teaching our students "how to learn" important as it empowers them to keep pace with the rapid social and technological changes of our society.
- The St. Luke faculty strives to develop a positive atmosphere in which our students develop self discipline, experience their special status as God's own and are accepted by their teachers and peers.
- We use disciplinary procedures which protect the integrity of the classroom for both the teacher and learner, teach students responsible behavior, emphasize repentance and forgiveness and allow students to retain their innate dignity at all times.We promote, through the application of God's Word to daily life, a school community that believes in respect, thoughtfulness and empathy for others.
- We seek to develop an awareness of the Christian's role within the larger community.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodland Hills Grades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818)992-1942 0.1 NS-PK
- Woodland Hills Grades: K-8 | 586 students
20874 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818)340-1924 0.5 K-8
- Woodland Hills Grades: 2-9 | 6 students
Po Box 814
Woodland Hills, CA 91365
(818)222-0200 0.8 2-9
- Woodland Hills Grades: 6-12 | 94 students
21650 Oxnard Street, Suite 100
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818)712-9521 0.9 6-12
- Woodland Hills Grades: 6-12 | 44 students
21800 Oxnard St #270
Woodland Hills, CA 91367 0.9 6-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.