St. Margaret Primary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (508) 759-2213
St. Margaret Primary School provides a Christ-filled academic curriculum instilling Catholic beliefs and values in students from Preschool through Grade Four.
We are dedicated to fostering a safe, nurturing, respectful, and spiritual learning environment for all students, while answering the call to bring forth each child's gifts and potential as Christ has inspired us to do. preschool preschools school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,825|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego Club, Pound Martial Arts Club, Science Club, Sports Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Musical Theatre, Strings
- Mission Statement
- The school is a caring community that embodies the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaches the faith and practices of the Catholic Church. An educational ministry of the Diocese of Fall River, the school serves students and families of all faiths across Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern Massachusetts who seek distinctive co-educational elementary, middle, and high school Catholic education. Through strong relationships and worthy example, the school recognizes students` gifts, develops their potential, and inspires their pursuit of truth through faith and reason.
- Statement of School Philosophy
- Our school embraces the teaching of the Catholic Church, which recognizes parents as the primary educators of their children. As such, it is important to articulate the mission, philosophy, and vision of the school so that parents can understand our approach and determine if the school best fits their family goals. Our school philosophy is based on five fundamental values.
- A Community of Care and Concern
- School culture and environment are premised on the idea that people learn best through relationships that are positive, encouraging, respectful, and professional. Therefore, the school retains qualified faculty and staff members capable of forming healthy relationships marked by mutual respect and shared goals.
- Full Personhood under God
- From Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Twelve, we know that our most important charge is the full human formation of our students, who are created in the image and likeness of God. Such formation requires a program of intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social-emotional experiences that help students realize their worth and the central role of God in their creation, lives, and destiny.
- Academic Excellence
- Students deserve both robust academic challenges and robust support to meet them. The school offers a thoughtfully-developed curriculum based on the Catholic liberal arts tradition and inclusive of evolving STEAM approaches. When expectations are set high, and relationships of respect prevail, students tend to meet those expectations. In equal measure, support and appropriate accommodations are provided for student success.
- Opportunities to Grow and Thrive
- The school`s philosophy of challenge and support is equally operative in the athletic, performance, artistic, and other co-curricular endeavors. Students are provided opportunities and encouraged to explore new dimensions of themselves in an environment designed for appropriate risk-taking and growth. We believe in maximizing options and activities so that students are not "waiting in line" and as a result, more readily grow through new endeavors.
- Spiritual Life and Christian Service
- The school program is rooted in the Catholic Faith. We strive to know, love, and serve God, as Jesus taught, through prayer, worship, and service. In order to educate the whole child truly and to live our pilgrim journey on earth, developing habits of prayer, regular worship at Mass, and meaningful acts of Christian service are of ultimate value. Through prayer, worship, and service, students develop their spiritual dimension, actively engage with other persons in need, and prepare for their ultimate destiny.
This school has fulfilled our requirement to provide a nurturing, family friendly environment for our children and family. They are/were both well prepared for high school. The staff and parents are like family to us. This school offers art and music programs, gym and middle school sports, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council and it's curriculum is STEM based - Project Lead the Way. Technology is woven into all core courses, 100% Science Fair participation and Spanish offered as an academic course grades 5-8. We are extremely satisfied with the education our children have received at SMRS. I am also a teacher here, see things "behind the scenes", and see daily the tireless dedication of our staff. Rarely have I seen such commitment to students in other schools I have experienced. My children have been well cared for and are loved here at SMRS. I would recommend St Margaret Regional School without reservation to any family looking for a nurturing, family friendly environment for their children, grades Pre-K to 8.
- Posted by Parent - Cheryl
My son has attended SMRS since kindergarten and we have had a great experience. He is now in the 4th grade and has received a great education and has been taught such great values, discipline and respect. He has had some great teachers who care about the child and their education. SMRS is like a small family everyone is friendly and the kids are great!
- Posted by Parent - Jodi3
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.