St Margaret School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Margaret RC School works at building a family spirit while providing an education where excellence is encouraged and Christian values permeate.
- Areas of study include Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Art, Music, Computer (Grades K - 8), Spanish (Grades 6, 7 & 8) and Cultural Arts.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||405 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Contact school.|
- St. Margaret School recognizes the unique talents of each student. Our Mission, therefore, is to help all students attain their full potential through an integrated academic curriculum, rooted in Gospel values and Catholic teaching.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rego Park Grades: PK-8 | 318 students
8525 61st Rd
Rego Park, NY 11374
(718)426-4963 1.3 PK-8
St. Margaret School is an excellent elementary school that has a strong academic program as well as teaches Christian values in a loving atmosphere. Our new principal has put many new things in place. There are many clubs and activities for the students. Music is part of the weekly curriculum and an optional school band is available for those who may be interested in learning an instrument. Sports include baseball, softball, basketball and soccer. The parental involvement in the school is always amazing to me. Parents love this school as much as the students and are always willing to pitch in and help out. The morale and school spirit is almost contagious especially with our principal who is a kind-hearted, loving person with the students' best interests at heart. Most of the teachers have been with the school for many years and are very experienced. Parental concerns are always addressed by the administration and faculty.
- Posted by Parent - frazz
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.