St Marks Elementary School
- The curriculum at St. Mark's School is based upon the learning needs of its students and the academic standards as outlined for students by the state of Idaho.
- The emphasis is on providing quality programs that seek continuous improvement for each student.
- This is done within the context of the religious instruction and atmosphere that forms the foundation upon which all instruction takes place.
- The academic curriculum at these levels provides each learner with an increasing degree of competency and independence on the part of each student.
- Although continued emphasis on reading with appropriate speed and accuracy are present, reading for meaning and the acquisition of information are important objectives.
- The ability to use various literary devices and interpretation of literature are emphasized.
- Students experience a number of types of reading material. The development of writing, grammar, and presentation skills to provide students effective communication abilities is regularly practice.
- Mathematics skills that encourage excellent computational skills and the solving of problems in a creative matter are emphasized.
- The ability to think and communicate mathematically is also an important part of the curriculum.
- The development of effective study skills, note taking and test taking strategies for utilization at the junior high and high school level are also taught.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||351 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Grades: K-8 | 186 students
2620 W State St
Boise, ID 83702
(208)342-7476 2.7 K-8
- Boise Grades: 9-12 | 839 students
7009 Franklin Rd
Boise, ID 83709
(208)375-6010 1.6 9-12
- Boise Grades: NS-8 | 200 students
111 Auto Drive
Boise, ID 83709
(208)376-0260 1.6 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.