St Marks School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (651) 644-3380
St Marks School Photo #2 - "Bring the children to me." Saint Mark's Catholic School introduces students to reflection and prayer from a young age.
St Marks School Photo #3 - Students are prepared for success. Test scores are consistently high, but even more significantly, children are coached on becoming the best version of themselves.
St Marks School Photo #4 - Students are valued as unique children of God, each with our own gifts to cultivate and share.
St Marks School Photo #5 - In addition to rigorous standard curriculum, Saint Mark's PreK-8 specialists teach Enhanced Academics, Music, Physical Education, Spanish, and Art.
St Marks School Photo #6 - Service to others teaches empathy and fulfills our calling as members of a larger community. Saint Mark's students regularly participate in service projects, grounded in Catholic teaching on social justice and love for our neighbor.
St Marks School Photo #7 - A strong parent network creates a supportive environment for learning and growth. Students aren't the only ones developing friendships and creating community. Saint Mark's is a place where families thrive.
- Our mission is to work in partnership with families, inspire a lifelong dedication to learning, embrace Catholic faith and values, and prepare students to be successful in a global community.
- We work in partnership with families to nurture the whole child with a particular emphasis on development of virtue and concrete, practical life skills to make our students great at life.
- We offer and advanced core curriculum and extracurricular opportunities to encourage lifelong learning.
- We believe that every child has a unique calling and unique God-given abilities, and we invest in ensuring that each child becomes his or her best unique self.
St Marks School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Logo shirt, navy pants or tartan skirt.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition aid available. Please inquire.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Office Manager|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Boy Scouts Of America, Girl Scouts Of America, Math Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- An excellent preK-8 school, with preschool and extended day care, in a welcoming Catholic environment.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-K | 50 students
130 Howell St N
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651) 646-9603 0.2 PK-K
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 792 students
1900 Stanford Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55105
(651) 699-1311 1 PK-8
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-K | 30 students
1536 Minnehaha Ave W
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651) 645-6053 1.4 PK-K
We absolutely love the pre-school program at St. Mark's. The teachers, staff and vice-principal who run the pre-school truly care about each child and go out of their way to make each child feel special and loved. They keep the kids busy doing art, music, sensory bins, learning their numbers/letters/writing their name and lots of gym/outdoor play.
- Posted by Parent - Alison Jacobs