St. Mary Of Assumption School
Tel: (805) 925-6713
- St. Mary of the Assumption School provides a quality pre-school through 8th grade education where teachers provide an innovative education with a curriculum grounded in Catholic beliefs to an academically, racially and socio-economically diverse and excited to learn student body led by the best teachers and most involved parents.
- We facilitate opportunities for students to develop spiritually, academically, physically and socially to each individual`s unique potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance is available to qualifiers.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
- Outstanding faith-centered education.
- 200 academic day school year. Students spend more days in class than any other school in the area (up to 20% more).
- Expanded school day program before and after school.
- Pull-out programs for students needing a little extra help.
- Hot lunch program.
- Online grades and homework assignments available for parents' review. Direct communication with teacher integrated into online program.
- Advanced math program taught by high school math teacher.
- Dedicated science teacher.
- Extensive technology integration into daily classes.
- Campus-wide WiFi network.
- Skype capability in classrooms and auditorium.
- Computers in every classroom.
- Competitive boys and girls sports programs.
- Science camp (8th grade).
- Sacramental preparation.
- Weekly Mass.
- Bigs & Little program.
- Full day kindergarten.
- Each grade conducts community service.
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?