St. Mary Of Assumption School
- St. Mary of the Assumption School provides a quality pre-school through 8th grade education where teachers provide an innovative education with a curriculum grounded in Catholic beliefs to an academically, racially and socio-economically diverse and excited to learn student body led by the best teachers and most involved parents.
- We facilitate opportunities for students to develop spiritually, academically, physically and socially to each individual`s unique potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance is available to qualifiers.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
- Outstanding faith-centered education.
- 200 academic day school year. Students spend more days in class than any other school in the area (up to 20% more).
- Expanded school day program before and after school.
- Pull-out programs for students needing a little extra help.
- Hot lunch program.
- Online grades and homework assignments available for parents' review. Direct communication with teacher integrated into online program.
- Advanced math program taught by high school math teacher.
- Dedicated science teacher.
- Extensive technology integration into daily classes.
- Campus-wide WiFi network.
- Skype capability in classrooms and auditorium.
- Computers in every classroom.
- Competitive boys and girls sports programs.
- Science camp (8th grade).
- Sacramental preparation.
- Weekly Mass.
- Bigs & Little program.
- Full day kindergarten.
- Each grade conducts community service.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.