St Mary's Catholic School
- At St. Mary's School we are committed to the academic excellence of the whole child, in which our Catholic Christian Gospel values of God's message, service, faith, reverence, respect and community are set forth in a safe environment.
- In the spring of 1960, an eight-room elementary school was built on the grounds of St. Mary's Parish.
- The Pastor, Fr. Martin Hiss, officially opened the school in the fall of 1960 with 42 first grade students and 30 second grade students.
- A parishioner became Principal, and two additional staff members took on teaching positions for first and second grade.
- At the invitation of the Pastor, three Immaculate Heart of Mary Sisters arrived to assume the responsibilities of administration.
- June 1965 witnessed the first graduates from St. Mary's with 33 students.
- The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary continued their dedicated service to the school until June of 1968, when their community withdrew from the parish.
- The Salesian Sisters assumed the roles of administration and partial staffing of the school until their withdrawal in June 2003, when, to this date, a lay principal assumed the administration of the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.