St Mary School
- St. Mary School was established in 1914 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Now in our ninetieth year, we continue to provide challenging academic programs rooted in the Catholic tradition for children in Nursery (3 year olds) through Grade 8.
- The dedication and strong commitment of the administration, faculty, staff, clergy, and parents to continued growth and quality Catholic education permeates the strong family – centered school community.
- Centered in the Word of God and the gift of Jesus in our midst, the mission of St. Mary School is to educate the whole child.
- The school's role in leading students toward a life of Gospel values is to work in partnership with parents to foster academic, spiritual, and moral development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||525 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RonkonkomaGrades: NS-8 | 318 students
25 Church Street
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Saint JamesGrades: PK-8 | 273 students
359 Clinton Ave
Saint James, NY 11780
PatchogueGrades: PK-8 | 319 students
1 Division St
Patchogue, NY 11772
CommackGrades: PK-8 | 354 students
2 Indian Head Rd
Commack, NY 11725
Bay ShoreGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
500 W Montauk Hwy
Bay Shore, NY 11706
August 21, 2017
Some states do not have their own private school associations. Schools band together across state lines forming regional associations. These associations have the same purpose as state associations. More here.
August 21, 2017
Part of most school's admissions package is something called the Parent's Statement. We take a look at this document and offer advice on how to complete it.
August 09, 2017
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.