St Mary School
- St. Mary School was established in 1914 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Now in our ninetieth year, we continue to provide challenging academic programs rooted in the Catholic tradition for children in Nursery (3 year olds) through Grade 8.
- The dedication and strong commitment of the administration, faculty, staff, clergy, and parents to continued growth and quality Catholic education permeates the strong family – centered school community.
- Centered in the Word of God and the gift of Jesus in our midst, the mission of St. Mary School is to educate the whole child.
- The school's role in leading students toward a life of Gospel values is to work in partnership with parents to foster academic, spiritual, and moral development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||525 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RonkonkomaGrades: NS-8 | 318 students
25 Church Street
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
- Saint JamesGrades: PK-8 | 273 students
359 Clinton Ave
Saint James, NY 11780
- PatchogueGrades: PK-8 | 319 students
1 Division St
Patchogue, NY 11772
- CommackGrades: PK-8 | 354 students
2 Indian Head Rd
Commack, NY 11725
- SmithtownGrades: PK-12 | 570 students
1 Higbie Dr
Smithtown, NY 11787
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.