St Mary School
- St. Mary School was established in 1914 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Now in our ninetieth year, we continue to provide challenging academic programs rooted in the Catholic tradition for children in Nursery (3 year olds) through Grade 8.
- The dedication and strong commitment of the administration, faculty, staff, clergy, and parents to continued growth and quality Catholic education permeates the strong family – centered school community.
- Centered in the Word of God and the gift of Jesus in our midst, the mission of St. Mary School is to educate the whole child.
- The school's role in leading students toward a life of Gospel values is to work in partnership with parents to foster academic, spiritual, and moral development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ronkonkoma Grades: NS-8 | 276 students
25 Church Street
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
(631)588-4760 7.3 NS-8
- Commack Grades: PK-8 | 245 students
2 Indian Head Rd
Commack, NY 11725
(631)543-0202 9 PK-8
- Patchogue Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
1 Division St
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631)475-0422 9.5 PK-8
- Saint James Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
359 Clinton Ave
Saint James, NY 11780
(631)584-7896 10.6 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.