St Mary & St Michael School
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of St. Mary and St. Michael School is to contribute to the total development of each child through high academic standards, positive discipline, and concern for the individual student within a caring Catholic environment.
- St. Mary-St. Michael School promotes a curriculum rich in religion with emphasis on Christ's love for us.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The mission of St. Mary and St. Michael School is to contribute to the total development of each child through high academic standards, positive discipline, and concern for the individual student within a caring Catholic environment. St. Mary-St. Michael School promotes a curriculum rich in religion with emphasis on Christ's love for us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ansonia Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
51 N Cliff St
Ansonia, CT 06401
(203)734-0855 1.5 PK-8
- Baltic Grades: PK-8 | 61 students
10 School Hill Rd
Baltic, CT 06330
(860)822-6141 55.4 PK-8
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
(203)334-5856 13.8 PK-8
- Bristol Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
335 Center St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)582-8696 25.4 PK-8
This school is wonderful! I love seeing my kids happy and seeing them learning in a fun way is inspiring. There is no "teaching to the test" at SMSM. The parents are friendly, and as new we parents we were welcomed and made to feel like part of the school community right away. In fact, I feel like we are building friendships with other parents that will last a lifetime. The principal stands out front each morning, whatever the weather, and greets each parent and child. There is a school soccer team that formed this year and a basketball team has been in place for quite a few years. The children have all of the specials, including band in 4th grade. It's refreshing to know that there is some place where children can be held to a higher expectation and flourish. We are 100% happy with the choice we made sending our children to St. Mary-St. Michael.
- Posted by Parent - jensh
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?