St. Marys Elementary School
5.00 (7 reviews)
- St. Mary's School is a vital part of the parish's religious education program.
- The school supports and expresses the mission of the Catholic Church by proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ and by building a Christian community through prayer and service to others.
- The parents, faculty and staff of St. Mary's School, through daily example in words and actions, strive to guide all students to realize their full potential as children of God.
- St. Mary’s School prepares students in Pre-K through Grade 8 for high school and beyond by motivating and guiding them to integrate knowledge, faith, service and friendship into all aspects of their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning deficits, ADHD|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Formal and PE uniform daily)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school for tuition levels for the current year.|
|Admissions Director||Debra Eisel|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Newspaper Club, Peer Assisted Learning (PAL), Robotics Club, Scratch Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Band, Art Club, Beginner Band, Chorus, Drama Club, Schola Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
100 Mile Clu
- St. Mary's School is a vital part of the parish's religious education program. The school supports and expresses the mission of the Catholic Church by proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ and by building a Christian community through prayer and service to others. The parents, faculty and staff of St. Mary's School, through daily example in words and actions, strive to guide all students to realize their full potential as children of God. St. Mary’s School prepares students in Pre-K through Grade 8 for high school and beyond by motivating and guiding them to integrate knowledge, faith, service and friendship into all aspects of their lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 293 students
7500 Pearl St
Bethesda, MD 20814
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 172 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
- OlneyGrades: K-12 | 258 students
16227 Batchellors Forest Road
Olney, MD 20832
- PotomacGrades: PK-12 | 522 students
8617 Chateau Drive
Potomac, MD 20854
- RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 564 students
917 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
As a long- time parishioner at St. Mary's church in Rockville, I was very excited to send our eldest child to St. Mary's school in the fall of 2015. The school has exceeded all of our expectations in just a few short months. What we love about St. Mary's, in no particular order: 1. Parent involvement Parents are encouraged to be an active part of the school community and made to feel valued. Parents are expected to volunteer, participate, and partner with the teachers. As a result, there is a sense of camaraderie among the parents, as well as with the teachers. 2. Sense of community Both the school staff and parents feel a sense of responsibility for all of the students, and everyone has a common goal of making the children feel safe and cared for while holding students to a high standard, academically and behaviorally. There are many fun and educational school-wide activities that bring the student body together in the evenings and on the weekends. In addition, the school supports the community at large through fundraising, donations, and volunteering. 3. Teachers The teachers at St. Mary's are clearly dedicated, motivated individuals who really want to make a difference in the lives of children. You often see the teachers at school after hours, participating in school events, and they seem to get great joy from being a part of St. Mary's. Students don't just come to school to learn to read and write. Their personalities and moral development are nurtured by the teachers, and children learn to be respectful, confident, empathetic, and caring. The student body is culturally diverse. 4. Academics Children are challenged appropriately; teachers are able to meet the children at their level and help them progress to the next. There is a variety of specials throughout the week, such as music, art, PE, technology, Spanish, and guidance. The school utilizes technology where appropriate to reinforce the classrooms lessons at home. There is a variety of afterschool clubs and sports, as well as field trips.
- Posted by Parent - llong
I really love the school. Teachers try their best to challenge the kids in terms of academy to bring their best out. I would rate 5 out of 5.
- Posted by Parent - siris
What a wonderful school! I have had two children graduate and go onto successful high school experiences as well as one currently in 7th grade. The sense of community is unmatched even among neighboring private schools. My children consider the faculty, staff and parents at St. Mary's school to be family. It is a safe, nurturing, academically and spiritually fulfilling learning environment.
- Posted by Parent - maure
My family suffered financial hardship for 2012 and was ready to pull the kids out of ST. M, Ms. Eisel, the pricipal, told us not to. Ms. Eisel along with the whole St. Marys community found a way for my kids to stay and we will be returning for 2013/14. The whole St. Marys community is very supportive of each other. I thank all of them from the botom of my heart.
- Posted by Parent - pinoy
Very familiar environment, personalized attention is given to the kids. AApart from good academics, a number of extracurricular activities are oferred such as Robotics, Scouts, Arts, Dance, Drama, Scratch club, etc.
- Posted by Parent - simon
Excellent parent community with supportive teachers, pastor and priests that help to form a truly well-rounded student
- Posted by Parent - anita
Truly a warm, caring community. The students are well-behaved and kind to others. The Responsive Classroom curriculum is phenomenal and fosters this caring environment.
- Posted by Parent - anita
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.