St Marys School
5.00 (2 reviews)
St Marys School Photo #3 - St. Mary's is the longest, consistently running parochial school in TN, founded by The Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia, in Nashville, in 1878.
St Marys School Photo #4 - St. Mary's mission is founded on a Christian anthropology that fosters a love for wisdom and truth, while integrating the four Dominican pillars of prayer, study, community and service.
- St. Mary's School welcomes you and your child in the way Jesus welcomed the children at the end of His day.
- St. Mary's is a Catholic school, steeped in all of the tradition and faith of the Catholic Church, yet it is open and accepting to people of all faiths.
- A Catholic, Classical education provides something unique; In addition to a challenging curriculum, it also prepares the students to become independent thinkers and equips the students to be leaders in the community. This is accomplished in an environment that nurtures and supports the development of each child within an atmosphere that allows a personal relationship with Christ to grow and deepen.
- St. Mary's mission is to educate the whole child - spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, and physically so the students are prepared for success both now and in the future. We invite you to visit our School and see for yourself the many reasons St. Mary's reputation for excellence in education has continued for over 135 years!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Lemons|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Choir, Drama, Writing Club|
Club or Organization:
Boy Scouts, Chess Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denmark Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
535 Denmark Jackson Road
Denmark, TN 38391
(731)300-3385 2.3 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 137 students
1171 Old Humboldt Road
Jackson, TN 38305
(731)660-6822 4.7 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 752 students
832 Country Club Lane
Jackson, TN 38305
(731)668-8055 1.5 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: NS-12 | 626 students
10 Windy City Rd
Jackson, TN 38305
(731)668-8500 4.1 NS-12
When we decided to move my eleven year old to a private school, we visited every private school in Jackson. At St. Mary's, there was such a peaceful feeling when we visited the school. Everyone was so friendly and genuinely helpful in every interaction, from the first phone call of inquiry to today. I love that parent involvement is such a big part of the school. I love that they communicate so regularly by email so I can keep up with things that are going on. I love the accessibility to my son's homework, grades, etc. online and up to the minute. My son has been welcomed with open arms even though we are not Catholic. He is happier and more relaxed at school than he has ever been. If you are considering private school in Jackson, at please at least give St. Mary's a look. I think you will be impressed.
- Posted by Parent - amyj9
My wife and I are so blessed that St. Mary's continues the strong educational heritage of the Catholic church. As parents of two current students, we have found St. Mary's to be an open, friendly, engaging and wholly professional school with excellent teachers, staff, facilities and curriculum. We look forward to many great years at St. Mary's and plan on enrolling our youngest there soon. Thank you St. Mary's for all you do to educate our children, body, mind and spirit!
- Posted by Parent - jhtnp
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.