St Michael Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (814) 472-9117
- St. Michael Catholic School extends the knowledge and practices of the Catholic Faith, promotes academic success, and nurtures life long learning, and productive citizens.
- The Sisters of the Holy Cross of St. Mary's founded St. Michael Academy.
- In 1902, an addition was built to the thirteen room structure, which had been erected in 1870 on the corner of Center and Madison Streets.
- In 1904, another story was added to the Academy increasing the room total to twenty-nine.
- The Academy originally was open to both day school students and boarding students who came from as far away as Chicago.
- The average enrollment at this time was approximately 80 students consisting of eight grades.
- The Academy ceased operation as a boarding school but continued as a day school.
- St. Michael's Home and School Association encourages the Christian education and development of the students by enhancing mutual understanding and positive working relationships among faculty, administration, and parents of all students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Great place to grow up. Loved the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pm_sm