St Michael Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Michael Catholic School extends the knowledge and practices of the Catholic Faith, promotes academic success, and nurtures life long learning, and productive citizens.
- The Sisters of the Holy Cross of St. Mary's founded St. Michael Academy.
- In 1902, an addition was built to the thirteen room structure, which had been erected in 1870 on the corner of Center and Madison Streets.
- In 1904, another story was added to the Academy increasing the room total to twenty-nine.
- The Academy originally was open to both day school students and boarding students who came from as far away as Chicago.
- The average enrollment at this time was approximately 80 students consisting of eight grades.
- The Academy ceased operation as a boarding school but continued as a day school.
- St. Michael's Home and School Association encourages the Christian education and development of the students by enhancing mutual understanding and positive working relationships among faculty, administration, and parents of all students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- People that viewed St Michael Elementary School also viewed these schools: All Saints Catholic School.
Great place to grow up. Loved the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pm_sm
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.