St Michael Elementary School
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (330) 492-2657
- St. Michael School is fully accredited by the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association and the Diocese of Youngstown.
- We believe that each Catholic school as part of a larger believing community has the mission to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through excellence in educational programs and service to the Catholic community in particular, and to society in general.
- The foundations of Catholic belief and practice are taught while developing a sense of community atmosphere for worship and a concern for social justice.
- These themes permeate all aspects of the school organization and curriculum to meet the religious academic, personal, and social needs of children.
- The school follows the diocesan course of study. The basic curriculum for the school includes the following subjects Religion, Reading, Language Art, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Health and Safety, Physical Education, Computer Education, Spanish, Ohio and American History.
- State time allotments are followed for each area of the curricula.
- Current textbooks and materials are used in all areas of the curriculum.
- Supplementary materials, such as films, computer software, and transparencies are used to enhance the instructional program.
- To develop Catholic Christians who know and love their faith and are committed to the work of the Church in building up the kingdom of God.
- To teach students to learn not on their own understanding, but to trust God to lovingly direct their lives and to seek their fullest potential as children of God.
- To encourage parents to support the mission of the school by teaching Christian values at home and by volunteering at the school.
- To nurture and sustain a faculty committed to spiritual and professional development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
My daughter loves her school. We''ve been there since PreK, she's now in first grade. The teachers have been wonderful. She's doing very well academically & obtaining a wonderful spiritual foundation. We highly recommend St Michaels.
- Posted by Parent - Nmitz
We are pleased with our decision to send our fourth grader to St. Michaels. We are surrounded by many great school choices, but believe that the academic program is equivalent, the extra-curricular options are broad (Lego Club, Chess, Ski Club, Choir, Athletics). We are pleased with the family like atmosphere and the opportunity to volunteer in our child's school. We have a wonderful principal who cares deeply for each child. The teachers are dedicated and communicate well with families.
- Posted by Parent - mkhin
Choosing St. Michael School for my kids was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! Not only do they get a well-rounded curriculum, they also get a strong faith-based education with a community atmosphere. They love St. Michael School and so do we!
- Posted by Parent - steph
I attended St Michael School as did several of my family members. Many years later, we are now sending our children to St Michael because we all value the commitment to the Catholic education we received. The staff work hard to educate our children and teach them morals and respect.
- Posted by Parent - Steve
Advanced academically challenging. Moral teaching. A real good school to build a responsible foundation
- Posted by Parent - Pm_ro
I would recommend St Mikes to other parents in area. Excellent teachers and school. School and church is in process of a capital campaign to address expansion and repair.
- Posted by Parent - rdluc
My son graduated from St. Michael School last June. He is now a freshman in high school, taking all advanced classes and doing well. St. Michael School prepared him for the rigors of high school. My daughter is currently in fourth grade and loves school.
- Posted by Parent - attny
This is a wonderful school! The teachers and principal are very involved and really care for the children and families that go there. There is great sense of community and family. Spanish is started in Pre-K and maintained throughout 8th grade. Technology is top of the line, with ipads, iMacs, smartboards, and lots of extracurricular activities. Sports programs are expanding, last year youth lacrosse program was started.
- Posted by Parent - eliza
My children are thriving at this school! I have a kindergarten student and a preschool student. We are pleased with the small class sizes as well as the challenging curriculum. The principal and teachers are fantastic, and the school has a range of sports and extra-curricular clubs to cater to the interests of any student. Most importantly, the Pre K through 8 grades in one building really builds a family culture at the school. My husband and I are pleased with our choice to send our children to this school.
- Posted by Parent - lharl
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.