Canton Country Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (330) 453-8279
- Empowering student success in the 21st Century. Preschool through Grade Eight.
- Canton Country Day School offers children in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade a solid educational foundation by cultivating an environment in which scholarship, responsibility, and respect for others flourish along with creativity, enthusiasm, and self-respect.
- Within this stimulating academic environment, the school encourages children, with the support of their families, to:be active seekers of knowledge;examine their convictions honestly and embrace them humbly, both in work and deed;recognize themselves as participants in a common humanity and citizens of a common universe;discover their own creative powers and labor patiently to surpass ready achievement; andwonder at the mysteries that transcend their understanding and challenge their imagination.Dedicated to developing character and the abilities to think and communicate clearly, Canton Country Day seeks to fully prepare its graduates to meet the challenges of rigorous secondary school programs and to assume positions of responsibility in their schools and in their communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
National Middle School Association
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Camps available|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1992|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,308|
|Tuition Notes||CCDS offer a flexible tuition program for students entering grades PK-8. Contact the school for more details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Stewart|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Soccer, Track and FieldArchery, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Film Club, MathCounts, Power of the Pen
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Intramural Sports, Intramural Volleyball, Jazz Band, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Grades: NS-6 | 128 students
125 15th St NW
Canton, OH 44703
(330) 452-0148 2.1 NS-6
- Canton Grades: NS-8 | 244 students
2107 6th Street SW
Canton, OH 44706
(330) 452-8271 2.4 NS-8
- Canton Grades: K-5 | 212 students
1001 39th St Nw
Canton, OH 44709
(330) 492-0622 1.5 K-5
- Akron Grades: NS-K | 34 students
105 Springside Drive
Akron, OH 44333
(330) 665-3035 24.6 NS-K
My son is currently in 5th grade and has attended CCDS since Kindergarten. I am beyond pleased with the education that he has received. The school holds multiple family functions throughout the school year. 2 of my favorites are the Holiday Sing-along before Winter Break and Grandparents day. The teacher's are amazing. They go above and beyond when it comes to teaching the children. They're always there to provide extra support when the student needs it. One thing CCDS provides that I don't see in other schools and are the in-depth music, art, and technology classes. When it came to having to implement remote learning due to Covid 19, the whole school stepped up to make the transition as smooth as possible. The teacher began using Google classroom and ran through a tutorial with the students before school ended for the week. There has been a lot of transparencies from the staff to the parents when it comes to the unknown and finding efficient and effective ways to navigate the children's learning. The school has been amazing to us. It will be hard to find another school that compares to them once it's time for us to leave.
- Posted by Parent - Nicole
Our two children have attended Canton Country Day School for several years now, and we are delighted with the quality of education that they have received. The faculty and administration are first-rate. We appreciate the emphasis that the school places on character development. The school is simply a wonderful learning environment, and we highly recommend it to any family seeking a private education alternative in Stark County.
- Posted by Parent - Matt Williams
Canton Country Day is the right fit for our children because it espouses our values of service to others, creativity, and leadership opportunities which are age-appropriate. Technology is incorporated into the curriculum and with parent communications. The teachers are wonderful and go above and beyond the expected to make each child's learning environment top notch. The school is welcoming and inclusive, open and innovative.
- Posted by Parent - annie
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.