St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School
St. Patrick`s is a coeducational, Nursery to Grade 8 Episcopal parish day school that enrolls more than 475 students in three divisions.
We prepare our graduates for a vibrant and dynamic world by offering a challenging program that is interdisciplinary and student-centered.
Child by child, we set and nurture goals that will result in significant accomplishment.
Every member of our community is committed to putting students at the center of our work.
Our students come from throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
More than one third of the student body self-identify as African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Asian-American, or multiracial.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Yearly Tuition: $30,000
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 46%
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is set to cover all normal, regular expenses of operating the School. Additional fees include lunch, other activities, and some incidental expenses. This year the Board has made more than $2.5 million available for financial assistance to qualifying families.
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- St. Patrick`s was founded in 1956 as a parish day school offering, at first, classes for only six Nursery School students. The addition of the elementary grades began in 1967, and the first Grade 6 class graduated in 1974. In September 2002, St. Patrick`s completed the addition of Grades 7 and 8, and the first Grade 8 class graduated in 2003.
- Today, we have evolved into a thriving day school with more than 470 students on two light-filled academic campuses, the Whitehaven Campus and the MacArthur Campus. A third, the Foxhall Campus, houses our stadium and regulation-size athletic field. Our facilities include multiple libraries, science labs, art studios, music rooms, a gymnasium and performance center, and expansive outdoor playgrounds.
- The Day School has benefited from the committed and stable leadership of only three Heads of School in the last 50 years, who have cultivated and maintained the strong tradition of academic excellence within the Episcopal tradition, influenced and contextualized by an ever-changing world.
Profile last updated:
Endorse St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.