St Patrick's Episcopal Day School
Tel: (202) 342-2807
- St. Patrick`s is a coeducational, Nursery to Grade 8 Episcopal parish day school that enrolls more than 475 students in three divisions.
- We prepare our graduates for a vibrant and dynamic world by offering a challenging program that is interdisciplinary and student-centered.
- Child by child, we set and nurture goals that will result in significant accomplishment.
- Every member of our community is committed to putting students at the center of our work.
- Our students come from throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- More than one third of the student body self-identify as African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Asian-American, or multiracial.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 46%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is set to cover all normal, regular expenses of operating the School. Additional fees include lunch, other activities, and some incidental expenses. This year the Board has made more than $2.5 million available for financial assistance to qualifying families.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lindsay Spector|
|Admissions Associate||Jack Cantlay|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Patrick`s was founded in 1956 as a parish day school offering, at first, classes for only six Nursery School students. The addition of the elementary grades began in 1967, and the first Grade 6 class graduated in 1974. In September 2002, St. Patrick`s completed the addition of Grades 7 and 8, and the first Grade 8 class graduated in 2003.
- Today, we have evolved into a thriving day school with more than 470 students on two light-filled academic campuses, the Whitehaven Campus and the MacArthur Campus. A third, the Foxhall Campus, houses our stadium and regulation-size athletic field. Our facilities include multiple libraries, science labs, art studios, music rooms, a gymnasium and performance center, and expansive outdoor playgrounds.
- The Day School has benefited from the committed and stable leadership of only three Heads of School in the last 50 years, who have cultivated and maintained the strong tradition of academic excellence within the Episcopal tradition, influenced and contextualized by an ever-changing world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-8100 1.9 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?