St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School
St. Patrick`s is a coeducational, Nursery to Grade 8 Episcopal parish day school that enrolls more than 500 students in three divisions.
We prepare our graduates for a vibrant and dynamic world by offering a challenging program that is interdisciplinary and student-centered.
Child by child, we set and nurture goals that will result in significant accomplishment.
Every member of our community is committed to putting students at the center of our work.
Our students come from throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
More than one third of the student body self-identify as African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Asian-American, or multiracial.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Yearly Tuition: $30,000
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 14
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is set to cover all normal, regular expenses of operating the School. Additional fees include lunch, other activities, and some incidental expenses. This year the Board has made more than $2.5 million available for financial assistance to qualifying families.
% on Financial Aid
- St. Patrick`s was founded in 1956 as a parish day school offering, at first, classes for only six Nursery School students. The addition of the elementary grades began in 1967, and the first Grade 6 class graduated in 1974. In September 2002, St. Patrick`s completed the addition of Grades 7 and 8, and the first Grade 8 class graduated in 2003.
- Today, we have evolved into a thriving day school with more than 500 students on two light-filled academic campuses, the Whitehaven Campus and the MacArthur Campus. A third, the Foxhall Campus, houses our stadium and regulation-size athletic field. Our facilities include multiple libraries, science labs, art studios, music rooms, a gymnasium and performance center, and expansive outdoor playgrounds.
- The Day School has benefited from the committed and stable leadership of only three Heads of School in the last 50 years, who have cultivated and maintained the strong tradition of academic excellence within the Episcopal tradition, influenced and contextualized by an ever-changing world.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2021
Endorse St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.