St. Peter Catholic School
St. Peter Catholic School is a young, growing school located in the Town of Monument.
First opened in 2003 as a preschool, we graduated our first class of Eighth graders in May 2014.
We are committed to being a truly Catholic, academically challenging school that is preparing students to be citizens who transform their world through their moral decision-making and good works.
- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 229 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,050
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Students are required to wear a uniform each day.)
(Students are required to wear a uniform each day.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Slight discount for siblings
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
- St. Peter Catholic School provides a safe and secure environment where children can discover their world around them. We strive to provide a Christian atmosphere in which each student is encouraged to grow in spiritual values, sound judgment and academic knowledge. Staff members recognize that each child is a unique individual entitled to develop spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically to his or her greatest potential. We are committed to help each child apply the teachings of Jesus Christ by ministering to others and caring for each other, their community and changing world.
- Our strength lies in our ability to personalize the education for our students. With the smaller class sizes, teachers know the strengths and weaknesses of their students. They are able to adapt the instruction as needed for the individual child. We are able to provide remediation, or, we can accelerate the learning for students who are advanced. The transition to the next grade is smoother because we have a good understanding of each student in our classroom. Teachers know and interact with most students on a daily basis so each child receives that personal acknowledgement that is missing in so many larger schools. Our classrooms are disciplined but positive environments where the focus is on learning. We also have tremendous support from our parents with many volunteering in the classroom and around the school.
I cannot say enough positive about St. Peter Catholic School. My children have been at this school for six years and are thriving in an academically challenging environment. I love that they learn about Jesus every day and bring those conversations home to the dinner table. When there are problems, the Principal is hands on and helps get to the root of the problem. The children are taught to live and treat others with virtue and kindness. All of these characteristics and more are why we love St. Peter.
As parents, we want the best schools available wherever it's public or private. There were many factors we considered that included academics, but we also wanted our daughter to learn to think critically in each subject and not just learn for "the test" We found St. Peter Catholic School (SPCS) was great at separating knowledge, understanding, skills & competencies which the students seem to pick up on and do the same.. Having small class sizes is key to recognizing students and their abilities, which will help move students as far as possible while helping students who struggle also reach their potential. That's not often the case in other schools public or private. A good school seeks to grow great teachers who work to grow great students. I'm a believer that it all classrooms have four walls, often it is in the simple down times we learn the most! If you are looking for a school that provides academic excellence, increased knowledge and awareness and increased leadership skills, SPCS should be a consideration if not your first choice!
Endorse St. Peter Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
April 20, 2022Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
April 19, 2022How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
April 18, 2022Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.