- St. Peter's Elementary School was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1878.
- Since its foundation, St. Peter's continues to serve all economic levels of the community.
- Through our partnership with parents, who we recognize as the primary educators of their children, we provide a strong Catholic education.
- We strive to deepen each child's understanding of the life of Christ through worship, example, and by providing opportunities for them to practice their Catholic faith.
- It is expected that upon graduation all students will exhibit not only an understanding of their Catholic identity, but also an ability to put this understanding into practice.
- St. Peter's School is a vital part of the parish, a predominantly Latino community in San Francisco's Mission District.
- Following Christ's example to reach out to all people, St. Peter's School is committed to educating children in their Catholic faith throughout our curriculum.
- The priests, administrators, teachers and staff strive to support the parents in their role as primary educators of their children.
- In this faith partnership, we worship and inculcate the values of Jesus into all of our endeavors together.
- school's purpose is to proclaim Christ's message of salvation as the basis for a viable Catholic community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
825 Brotherhood Way
San Francisco, CA 94132
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 255 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 192 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 276 students
300 Gaven St
San Francisco, CA 94134
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 286 students
3801 Balboa St
San Francisco, CA 94121
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.