St Peter's School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (415) 647-8662
- St. Peter's Elementary School was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1878.
- Since its foundation, St. Peter's continues to serve all economic levels of the community.
- Through our partnership with parents, who we recognize as the primary educators of their children, we provide a strong Catholic education.
- We strive to deepen each child's understanding of the life of Christ through worship, example, and by providing opportunities for them to practice their Catholic faith.
- It is expected that upon graduation all students will exhibit not only an understanding of their Catholic identity, but also an ability to put this understanding into practice.
- St. Peter's School is a vital part of the parish, a predominantly Latino community in San Francisco's Mission District.
- Following Christ's example to reach out to all people, St. Peter's School is committed to educating children in their Catholic faith throughout our curriculum.
- The priests, administrators, teachers and staff strive to support the parents in their role as primary educators of their children.
- In this faith partnership, we worship and inculcate the values of Jesus into all of our endeavors together.
- school's purpose is to proclaim Christ's message of salvation as the basis for a viable Catholic community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 363 students
600 Italy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415) 337-4030 2.8 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 248 students
3371 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 346-9500 1.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 261 students
785 Sunnydale Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415) 239-7870 2.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 226 students
299 Precita Ave
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 648-2008 0.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 313 students
940 Laguna Honda Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94127
(415) 731-2665 2.5 NS-8
I am a part of the Class of 2014 and even though I only attended from 6th-8th grade, my time at St. Peter's has been a blessing. WIthout their help, I wouldn't be the person I am today. St. Peter's school provides hospitality and kindness all with a great quality education that is like no other elementary/middle school in the bay area. WIthout their help, I would be graduating from my dream highschool let alone be accepted to Archbishop Riordan. With their help, they molded me from a know-nothing student to an outgoing, well educated student with a deep passion in the Catholic faith.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ricardo Miranda
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?