St Peter's School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Peter's Elementary School was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1878.
- Since its foundation, St. Peter's continues to serve all economic levels of the community.
- Through our partnership with parents, who we recognize as the primary educators of their children, we provide a strong Catholic education.
- We strive to deepen each child's understanding of the life of Christ through worship, example, and by providing opportunities for them to practice their Catholic faith.
- It is expected that upon graduation all students will exhibit not only an understanding of their Catholic identity, but also an ability to put this understanding into practice.
- St. Peter's School is a vital part of the parish, a predominantly Latino community in San Francisco's Mission District.
- Following Christ's example to reach out to all people, St. Peter's School is committed to educating children in their Catholic faith throughout our curriculum.
- The priests, administrators, teachers and staff strive to support the parents in their role as primary educators of their children.
- In this faith partnership, we worship and inculcate the values of Jesus into all of our endeavors together.
- school's purpose is to proclaim Christ's message of salvation as the basis for a viable Catholic community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 435 students
600 Italy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)337-4030 2.8 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 248 students
3371 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415)346-9500 1.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 272 students
785 Sunnydale Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415)239-7840 2.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 189 students
299 Precita Ave
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)648-2008 0.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 313 students
940 Laguna Honda Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94127
(415)731-2665 2.5 NS-8
I am a part of the Class of 2014 and even though I only attended from 6th-8th grade, my time at St. Peter's has been a blessing. WIthout their help, I wouldn't be the person I am today. St. Peter's school provides hospitality and kindness all with a great quality education that is like no other elementary/middle school in the bay area. WIthout their help, I would be graduating from my dream highschool let alone be accepted to Archbishop Riordan. With their help, they molded me from a know-nothing student to an outgoing, well educated student with a deep passion in the Catholic faith.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ricardo Miranda
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.