St Pius X High School
- Education at St. Pius X High School is rooted in the Four Pillars of the Dominican charism.
- The development of the individual person -- spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and social -- is fostered in a nurturing atmosphere.
- At St. Pius X, the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching are central to decision-making in all areas: academic, disciplinary, financial, social and spiritual.
- The School offers a diverse curriculum of required courses in traditional academic subjects, as well as in theology, fine arts and technology.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||660 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Pius X High School is inspired by Veritan, young men and women to embrace academic excellence and integrity, celebrate the community's diverse gifts and heritage, and embody social justice and service. Education at St. Pius X High School is the development of a student's relationship with God in Christian community and the development of human potential. Commitment to justice and increased global awareness are encouraged. Hilistic growth- sporitual, intellectual, physical, emotional and social is fostered and is realised in an atmosphere where the diginity of life is centered to decision-making in all areas: academic, disciplinary, financial, social and spritual.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 603 students
4363 Sylvanfield Dr
Houston, TX 77014
- HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 509 students
2700 W Sam Houston Parkway N
Houston, TX 77043
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
Houston, TX 77096
- HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 326 students
609 Crawford Street
Houston, TX 77002
- HoustonGrades: K-12
7400 Eldridge Pkwy
Houston, TX 77083
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.