St. Raphael School
Saint Raphael School, rooted in the Dominican tradition, is dedicated to living out Catholic values in a richly diverse population, while providing a strong academic education for all students.
We believe as Catholic educators that our primary challenge is to present the gospel message of Jesus in order to develop a Christian community that promotes the values of love, peace, and service to others on personal, group, national and global levels.
We believe that nurturing healthy intellects, psyches, and bodies fosters intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity that are essential to the overall development of the student.
Saint Raphael School is part of the educational system of the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
As a faculty we believe that parents are the primary educators and we are here to assist them in their task.
As their partners in education we recognize the need for mutual consideration and support.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 194 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniform mandatory )
(Uniform mandatory )
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Principal Lydia Collins
- "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on FIRE.” St. Catherine of Siena
- Saint Raphael School has implemented the Veritas program with the goal of providing every student, regardless of starting point, with Catholic educational excellence. We help students identify and develop the unique strengths that their lived experiences have provided, so that they can build self-confidence and pursue their highest level of academic success. As part of the Veritas program, Saint Raphael teachers explicitly teach and cultivate five 21st century skills: Innovation, Adaptability, Critical-Analysis, Cross-cultural Communication, and Teamwork (IACCT). These skills for success give students the tools to take their content knowledge out into the real world and make a difference. With the Veritas program, students will continually practice self-reflection on their strengths in becoming better leaders and problem solvers.
Endorse St. Raphael School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.