St. St.ephen Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (828) 256-2166
St. Stephens Lutheran School is accredited by the Southeran Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI) as well at the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
St. Stephens Lutheran School was named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Departmetn of Education in 2003.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(tan or blue slacks or shorts; blue jeans accepted solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,150|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Orlowski|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, Beta Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our School's mission is to partner with parents in glorifying God in our school by giving students the opportunity to develop their God-given talents, to excel academically and to live their faith with others.
- At SSLS, students in every grade level benefit from a challenging academic program that develops fundamental skills in reading, mathematics, writing, science, social studies, and an enriched course of study that includes religion, art, music, physical education, computer technology and the STEM program. Our Christian faith is expressed daily throughout the curriculum as we encourage students to live for Christ.
- We are partnered with University Christian High school to provide PreK-12th grade.
- Our preschool is licensed by the State of NC and rated a five star program.
- Students in grades 1-8 take the Stanford Achievement Test each Spring.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 485 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
(828) 324-5405 3.6 PK-12
- Conover Grades: PK-8 | 239 students
215 5th Avenue SE
Conover, NC 28613
(828) 464-3011 5.2 PK-8
- Conover Grades: K-12 | 186 students
1409 N NC-16 HWY
Conover, NC 28613
(828) 465-0475 8.5 K-12
- Newton Grades: NS-8 | 61 students
2931 Sandy Ford Rd
Newton, NC 28658
(828) 294-7478 5.9 NS-8
Wonderful school, teachers, and families at this school. Could not be more pleased with the level of instruction and dedication from the teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
SSLS is a wonderful school. The Principal and Faculty are amazing. Our boys love school and enjoy every day. The teachers are creative in their approaches, and they work hard. I highly recommend this school. It is well worth the investment!
- Posted by Parent - Scott
Fantastic technology: Promethian Boards in every classroom 1st-8th grade, Ipad Middle School, Active Inspire and Activote tools to facilitate teaching, 20 computer lab, as well as Accelerated Reader and Star Math programs support rigorous instructional curriculum. Bright students with small class sizes make St. Stephens Lutheran a wonderful place to teach and to learn!
- Posted by Teacher - danab
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.